GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #57
2.06thgen
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
2.06thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: White mk6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 480
you're brave I may f*ck around with the srt8 but that I would have gave him some vdub, took a picture and kept it moving lol
2.06thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #58
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Québec
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
WTF? are you high???? you know this thread is a JOKE right?!?!? I have no "gtech thingy" either

lol

I was kidding too.

The entirely threat is ironic, I wrote my part.

Btw, did you really got stage2 ?
__________________
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #59
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
nah, probably never will. The minimal gains aren't worth the extra loudness, money, and probably a slight smell from changing up the pipes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #60
chapusin
Formula 5000 Driver
 
chapusin's Avatar
 
Drives: and drinks
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
nah, probably never will. The minimal gains aren't worth the extra loudness, money, and probably a slight smell from changing up the pipes.
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.
__________________
2010 BLACK MK6
El Negro build page: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9735
chapusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #61
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Québec
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapusin View Post
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.
The most mystic rattle of all, I never heard it on my car, dont know if ALL 2.0T should get this rattle but mine is okay. Does it exist a video that we can hear this rattle ? post it in private if it exist plz, or here.

And Gunkata, maybe a stage1 is enough for u, but u will never pass a Bugatti if u dont go stage2 !! Even with ultra lightwheels.
__________________
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #62
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver
 
xHeartcoreboyx's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Qatar
Posts: 9,646
Honestly i call BS on this one, you need at least stage 2 to bet a veryon.
__________________
SOLD -> MK7 R

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #63
chapusin
Formula 5000 Driver
 
chapusin's Avatar
 
Drives: and drinks
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno2000 View Post
The most mystic rattle of all, I never heard it on my car, dont know if ALL 2.0T should get this rattle but mine is okay. Does it exist a video that we can hear this rattle ? post it in private if it exist plz, or here.
I can BARELY hear it with my stock downpipe. I do hear it but it's only from like 2.5k to 3k rpms and very subtle. The amazingly restrictive stock cat must be muting all that garbage sound. With the 3" downpipe it was loud enough to make me take out the downpipe, sell it and go back to stock, even though the power gains were huge. Also, it buzzed in the whole rpm range, as soon as the turbo would start spooling and not only from 2-3k.

I did try to record it one time but my camera wouldn't capture high freq sounds, and this one was just like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt

But back on topic, a veyron can easily be beat, hell, one time I beat one, ON FOOT. The bugatti was standing on a parking spot, it didn't even move an inch, I guess because it was shocked I was faster.
__________________
2010 BLACK MK6
El Negro build page: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9735
chapusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #64
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapusin View Post
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.
Ah, well – for me, primarily having a DD first and track car second, I don’t want anymore noise than I already have, so its all good. As for DP’s – most aftermarket DP’s that still have a cat may still have some smell to them. Perhaps my nose is just that sensitive, I don’t know, lol… I would like the higher end power, but again, based on the dyno comparisons I’ve seen, vs the cost involved and additional loudness to the car, I don’t think I’ll be going stage 2. Who knows though, that could change down the line some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno2000 View Post
And Gunkata, maybe a stage1 is enough for u, but u will never pass a Bugatti if u dont go stage2 !! Even with ultra lightwheels.
Haha, yes.. you are right! The OZ’s are the real advantage here! Those $25K tires and rims the Bugatti have are SOOO HEAVY, it slows that bish down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Honestly i call BS on this one, you need at least stage 2 to bet a veryon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #65
sirdudeth
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
sirdudeth's Avatar
 
Drives: A forklift
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Posts: 426
i call major bs. you don't have the displacement to hang with the veyron. my golf on the other hand... well that's a totally different story, yo.
__________________
Want to try a game of lucky hit?
sirdudeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #66
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Québec
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapusin View Post
I did try to record it one time but my camera wouldn't capture high freq sounds, and this one was just like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt.
wait.... gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ??

it sound like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ?

U barely hear it with the stock DP but it was louder with an aftermarket DP 3? So I should hear it more at the moment since im stage2? I took a good moment to try to hear something between 2-3k and... All I hear is the air blow of the turbo under the car, more like ; TTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
and I can hear it over 3k too.

It is possible that my car doesnt have this rattle at all for some strange reasons ? U hear it more when u accelerate I guess, do u hear it more if u full throttle the car ?

About the Bugatti ! ya... This car can be fast but full it with diesel and my old TDI has some nice chances ! We have to compared apples to apples !
__________________
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #67
chapusin
Formula 5000 Driver
 
chapusin's Avatar
 
Drives: and drinks
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno2000 View Post
wait.... gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ??

it sound like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ?

U barely hear it with the stock DP but it was louder with an aftermarket DP 3? So I should hear it more at the moment since im stage2? I took a good moment to try to hear something between 2-3k and... All I hear is the air blow of the turbo under the car, more like ; TTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
and I can hear it over 3k too.

It is possible that my car doesnt have this rattle at all for some strange reasons ? U hear it more when u accelerate I guess, do u hear it more if u full throttle the car ?
This thread has derailed haha, don't force yourself on trying to hear it, some wastegates do not make this sound though I thought these were only the 2011's, believe me if you have that noise it would be very obvious as it's loud and happens through the whole rev range. Wait, now that I think of it, my friend drove my car and he couldn't hear it. Me? it was driving me crazy, as well as many other people on vortex.
__________________
2010 BLACK MK6
El Negro build page: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9735
chapusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #68
bostonv10s6
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: '11 GTI, '08 Audi S6, '07' Prsc C4S
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mass
Posts: 94
I think a stage 5 TSI would be competitive with a veyron until the gearing runs out...maybe to 160....

Like a Twin GT 30 Setup.....Built Motor. Water Meth..Like 800 WHP should do it.
bostonv10s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #69
bostonv10s6
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: '11 GTI, '08 Audi S6, '07' Prsc C4S
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mass
Posts: 94
Not sure

I noticed a HUGE diff going from Stage 2 with catted DP to eliminating both cats and installing a single high flo 100 cell cat where the second cat was. Big top end diff, pulls strong to 6k now.

Sure it smells a little like a go kart, but only if you're behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapusin View Post
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.
bostonv10s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #70
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com
 
GunKata's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ballsborough, IL
Posts: 60,147
After seeing the R8 thread, I think I will need to find new competition.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
Everybody knows GunKata > *.*

No GunKata, no care.


Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network


I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.