GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 03-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #43
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
BASICALLY heres the issues I've gathered.

When in drive mode, and trying to stop, the trans rows through the gears and gives me some resistance to stopping. Like stopping is not very linear and feels kinda rough. I really didn't notice it during test driving, yall know how that goes lol.

Idling of course is rough due to full stg2 engine mounts but it really feels bad when starting off from a stop. Sometimes i feel the car engage the gear slightly delayed and it doesn't exactly 'hit' or 'buck' as some have reported but it doesn't feel too pretty either. SOME gearshifts are delayed when i hit the paddle, if i am going WOT in full auto mode it seems to stay at redline before shifting sometimes. Believe it only is for the odd gears which seems reminiscent of some's complaints of a faulty mech. solenoid.

Finally, sometimes downshifting is a tad delayed, or 1st gear really is not smooth where the ones i test drove did seem to downshift without feeling a thing.

NO DSG FARTS!
that all seems like kinda normal DSG behavior man. Its a great gearbox but its weird too
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #44
cbaumy34
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
that all seems like kinda normal DSG behavior man. Its a great gearbox but its weird too
Accurate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sold!2013 CSG Gti, 6 Speed. Mods: Stock tune, P3 VIDI boost gauge, CTS catback, 42 draft intake,BFI Gs2r shift knob,s3 short shifter, clutch stop led trunk light, plaid license plate frame.
cbaumy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #45
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
yeah okay guys, now that i've had it a few more days i'm 'getting the hang of it' and starting to think it all may be normal.

REALLY SUCKED last night going through bumper to bumper traffic in and out of chicago. You can tell the clutch is slipping in and out of 1st gear at 0-4 mph which is exactly the rate traffic wanted to go. Like 5mph and above you can tell its solid in gear but anything under and the trans shudder is really prevalent. Doesn't really feel like the car goes into 'neutral' when you're off the gas going that slow, or stopped for that matter, as when i actually shift into neutral the vibrations decrease a good bit.

Only other real complaint is, in auto mode (which is gonna be rare for me) the car really doesn't wanna downshift, and doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to do when hard on the gas. Like it shifts out of 1st gear at 4k rpms, or jumps down a gear real quick then hops into 5th gear while flooring it going 40? that can't be normal. Seems fine in manual mode overall.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:43 PM   #46
cbaumy34
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
yeah okay guys, now that i've had it a few more days i'm 'getting the hang of it' and starting to think it all may be normal.

REALLY SUCKED last night going through bumper to bumper traffic in and out of chicago. You can tell the clutch is slipping in and out of 1st gear at 0-4 mph which is exactly the rate traffic wanted to go. Like 5mph and above you can tell its solid in gear but anything under and the trans shudder is really prevalent. Doesn't really feel like the car goes into 'neutral' when you're off the gas going that slow, or stopped for that matter, as when i actually shift into neutral the vibrations decrease a good bit.

Only other real complaint is, in auto mode (which is gonna be rare for me) the car really doesn't wanna downshift, and doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to do when hard on the gas. Like it shifts out of 1st gear at 4k rpms, or jumps down a gear real quick then hops into 5th gear while flooring it going 40? that can't be normal. Seems fine in manual mode overall.
Could have to do with the TCU. Maybe you need an update or to try a different one. I heard the uni one is solid for daily driving. Probably the one I will go with post warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sold!2013 CSG Gti, 6 Speed. Mods: Stock tune, P3 VIDI boost gauge, CTS catback, 42 draft intake,BFI Gs2r shift knob,s3 short shifter, clutch stop led trunk light, plaid license plate frame.
cbaumy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #47
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Hmm. It is under the apr TCU tune. IDK. LOL. Just really seems like it doesn't want to or know how to properly downshift in auto mode, except when i slow down to go through a turn or something it downshifts fine, but if like i'm cruising at 40 and floor it nothing happens

Anyway i installed my RCD510 radio the other day. It's cool cause it has the nicer screen which was the main reason i got it, just to update the interior feel a bit, but damn is it a basic radio or what! Doesn't even tell you the time. My base radio picked up my bluetooh signal and was more funcitonal, as it would atleast display the song and artist name, this one just says 'bluetooth audio' lol.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #48
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
the more you describe how weird its acting the more im positive theres nothing wrong with it lol

ive had this car for going on 5 years and it still makes me laugh how strange it is sometimes

that feeling "like a manual transmission slipping the clutch" below 5mph is the first thing a car buddy commented on when i got it
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #49
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
You should check the APR TCU thread, I recall there were a few complaints. Might be worth flashing it back to stock. Also very possible you're not up to date on the tune.

EDIT:

You also mentioned when you floor it, it stays in gear. The previous owner might of had the kick-down switch disabled. Normally when you floor it, a button gets pressed and regardless of what mode you're in, it will shift into the next gear for you, when you redline it.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #50
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Sub'd for build.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #51
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Hmm that may be what the guy opted for. Which is fine if thats the case since i can just manual mode it.

Ordered some headlights the helix project ones off ebay. Just gotta see if they come with turn signal bulbs before ordering an hid kit.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #52
IAtegeler
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
in to see how those headlights fit. been wanting to swap mine out
IAtegeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #53
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

The helix lights in my sig for the mk7 were awesome honestly.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #54
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Cant wait to start modding this thing and really excited to start polishing it haha
Old 03-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #55
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Some parts started rollin' in...

News alert I'm such a ricer at heart, my pants get tight for red details on cars...

Led interior lights, LED license plate lights

APR wheel badge
Name:  APR WHEEL BADGE.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  142.9 KB

GTI seat levers
Name:  SEAT LEVER BADGE.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  153.2 KB

And this thing? anodized ftww lmao
Name:  IGNITION COVER.jpg
Size:  125.7 KB

And dark cherry tails - these didn't come with reverse bulbs, anyone know which ones i gotta get?

Name:  EURO TAILS ON.jpg
Size:  108.7 KB
Name:  EURO TAILS OFF.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  103.5 KB
Old 03-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #56
vex
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI
Nice. Where did you pick up the taillights from?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote