GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
FlowMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf 2.5 5spd
Where can I cet license plate bulbs like these...

As the title say, where can I get license plate bulbs like these:

I'm looking for bulbs which looks like blue but the light looks white on the plate. I like the blue color, but because I live in Quebec, I got warned 2 times by police officer for having blue light on my car...

Here is what the rule says:

215. Every motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a moped, must carry at least
1 two single or double white headlights, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
2 two amber or white parking lights, on the front, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
3 two red parking lights, at the rear, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
3.1 two red reflectors at the rear, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
4 two red stop lights, at the rear, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
5 two amber or white turn-signal lights, on the front, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
6 two red or amber turn-signal lights, at the rear, at the same height, one on each side of the vertical centreline and as far apart as practicable;
7 one amber side marker lamp and one amber side reflector on each side, as far forward as practicable;
8 one red side marker lamp and one red side reflector on each side, as far to the rear as practicable;
9 a white back-up light at the rear;
10 a white light illuminating the rear registration plate.
In the case of a combination of road vehicles, the lights prescribed in subparagraphs 3, 3.1, 4, 6 and 10 of the first paragraph must be mounted at the rear of the last vehicle.
The lights referred to in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph are not required on any vehicle exceeding 2.03 metres in width.

I don't find any bulbs like that on eBay, I'm looking for bulb like these with error-free.

Thanks for your help in advance and have a nice day,
Kind regards
FlowMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
ECS, DeAutokey,Boldsport, eBay, Amazon.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
FlowMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
ECS, DeAutokey,Boldsport, eBay, Amazon.......
The ones on ECS and DeAutoKey looks too white, I will look on Boldsport and I don't find any like these on Amazon and EBay.

I have find these: https://eurodivision.com.au/volkswag...i-fsi-gtd.html but they don't ship to Canada.

I know it looks stupid, but I'm looking for a light which looks blue but if you put a paper in front of it, the paper will light white and not blue.(In that case, the bulb is legal)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
red_stapler
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '12 GTI DSG
Paint your car blue, so that the white light reflects blue off the paint?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
FlowMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_stapler View Post
Paint your car blue, so that the white light reflects blue off the paint?
For sure it's a solution ^^ But my car is already blue

Maybe some 6000k would do the trick