GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #15
markus037
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 187
any pics?
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #16
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus037 View Post
any pics?
Of what?


mine literally looks the ECS pics. Its a crisp white led light. lights up the whole interior when you unlock the car. i chose not to do footwells and vanity mirrors. I only got the dome (front and rear) lights.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #17
riceburner
FIA GT Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,215
just for records, i tried the ziza brand ones from ECS - they DO work great super bright but they also are slightly on when the car is off - only noticeable if you are paying attention but its enough to slowly drain the battery of course. I had no problem leaving the car alone for the week but it must be said.

I should have gone deautokey on these.
__________________
buildie buildie.. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110051
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #18
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
just for records, i tried the ziza brand ones from ECS - they DO work great super bright but they also are slightly on when the car is off - only noticeable if you are paying attention but its enough to slowly drain the battery of course. I had no problem leaving the car alone for the week but it must be said.



I should have gone deautokey on these.


The same goes for the Pep Boys or Autozone led's that are barely ever on the shelf because people steal them constantly but just do yourself the favor and buy all lights from Deauto. That's everything from HID's to LED Fogs to license plate, foot wells, vanity, dome and reverse for tails and turn signals if you have euros. I personally feel like if you want led tails and have stock just grab some reps and go that route.
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #19
Phur
FIA GT Newbie
 
Phur's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: IN
Posts: 816
I got mine from deautokey as well. I love them!

Keep in mind, cameras don't tend to like red leds. They look amazing and pure in person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:14 PM   #20
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
just for records, i tried the ziza brand ones from ECS - they DO work great super bright but they also are slightly on when the car is off - only noticeable if you are paying attention but its enough to slowly drain the battery of course. I had no problem leaving the car alone for the week but it must be said.

I should have gone deautokey on these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
The same goes for the Pep Boys or Autozone led's that are barely ever on the shelf because people steal them constantly but just do yourself the favor and buy all lights from Deauto. That's everything from HID's to LED Fogs to license plate, foot wells, vanity, dome and reverse for tails and turn signals if you have euros. I personally feel like if you want led tails and have stock just grab some reps and go that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
I got mine from deautokey as well. I love them!

Keep in mind, cameras don't tend to like red leds. They look amazing and pure in person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, we appreciate the support - our interior LEDs now have the option for color changing footwells on the drop down:
http://deautokey.com/product/14pc-co...wagen-golf-mk6

and all error free bright LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
Cbell3186
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2011 DSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 69
I bought the cheapies, don't do it. I bought them with the intention of changing out a few duds. I've had a bunch flicker, half burn out etc. When I get around to it Deautokey is for me! haha
Cbell3186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #22
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver
 
NYCSuits's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 1,640
I have the OEM LEDs installed Part # 5K0-052-122
__________________
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #23
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbell3186 View Post
I bought the cheapies, don't do it. I bought them with the intention of changing out a few duds. I've had a bunch flicker, half burn out etc. When I get around to it Deautokey is for me! haha
We appreciate it, we know if the voltage is not right it can cause a lot of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
I have the OEM LEDs installed Part # 5K0-052-122
The OEM stays dimly lit and won't shut completely off from what we have seen and feedback from others.
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #24
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion
 
DASVDUB's Avatar
 
Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,475
I can't figure out how to install my footwell led's lol.
__________________
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:00 PM   #25
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
I can't figure out how to install my footwell led's lol.
This should help - with almost 200k views this is a very helpful DIY:
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #26
MK6_Martinez
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: Candy White 2012 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 125
Another happy DeAutokey customer here.

I've had red footwell lights and 5 LED's in the front & rear top dome lights for 4 years now and they're still going strong. I don't think i'll ever accept normal cars lighting again after getting so used to these.
__________________
Cobb Tuned
MK6_Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #27
WolfsburgSlim
Go Kart Newbie
 
WolfsburgSlim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 29
DEAutoKey! FTW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
WolfsburgSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #28
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
deAutoLED.com's Avatar
 
Drives: VW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ny
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6_Martinez View Post
Another happy DeAutokey customer here.

I've had red footwell lights and 5 LED's in the front & rear top dome lights for 4 years now and they're still going strong. I don't think i'll ever accept normal cars lighting again after getting so used to these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgSlim View Post
DEAutoKey! FTW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone, again it means the world to us, our LEDs are made for the VW and we are happy people are enjoying these LEDs.

Once you do the interior you got to show some love to the exterior

Bright error free rear turns for the euro tails:
http://deautokey.com/product/golf-gt...amber-no-error



all LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014
__________________
Search all LEDs for your MK6 GTI/Golf:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-b...-mk6-2010-2014

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.