GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
raidermaniac

Drives: 2011 golf sportline
epc light and problems

hello i have 2011 golf 2.5l and about a week ago i was driving and all of a sudden epc light came on and car went into limp mode i made it home driving very slowly,had a guy use a scanning tool which said map sensor.so after reading online it seems it's a common problem with the map sensor and throttle body becoming dirty with oil.so i bought some sensor cleaner and throttle body cleaner and cleaned the map and throttle body which both were a little dirty.but now when i start the car the epc light is still there,it has rough idle,smell of sulfur,the radiator cooling fans are on constantly,and of course it's still in limp mode and undriveable.does it look like the map sensor is gone and cleaning will not fix it or is it possibly something else,has anyone had this problem before particularly with the fans running constantly
raidermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote