GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

TheCor

Ready to race!
On AliExpress the 187B with Phone/App Buttons and Carplay is $219 right now with $4 shipping, so $223 out the door.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
The one without carplay is the base base model.
The one with the mute button, but with carplay people are upgrading the RAM on the base model and reprogramming it to support the carplay function.
The one with the app button is the factory carplay version.

Mine is out for delivery at the moment! Hope to install it tonight!

Last edited:

splifou10

All 3 will support rear view camera.

Awsome thanks. What I have found weird is that some of the sellers they recommend the model of camera they are selling so I wonder if there is a technical reason or just trying ti leverage for more sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jontalk

Ready to race!
OK this is pretty confusing. Entering RCD330 in the search bar I get this: https://is.gd/V8nnUW Can I assume they ALL have built in Bluetooth or? They also mention they use the same plug as the RCD 310 or 510 though I have no idea if mine is the same since I have a Premium 7. UGH!

Some are listed as "No Name" version..WTF does that mean? LOL

Obviously the Russian language ones aren't going to be a good move though I imagine Trump might like one :)

I'm an Android user so I have no need for Carplay though I'd love to be able to connect my phone via Bluetooth.

I just want a unit that will be plug and play with my base model Mk VI Golf

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
OK this is pretty confusing. Entering RCD330 in the search bar I get this: https://is.gd/V8nnUW Can I assume they ALL have built in Bluetooth or? They also mention they use the same plug as the RCD 310 or 510 though I have no idea if mine is the same since I have a Premium 7. UGH!

Some are listed as "No Name" version..WTF does that mean? LOL

Obviously the Russian language ones aren't going to be a good move though I imagine Trump might like one :)

I'm an Android user so I have no need for Carplay though I'd love to be able to connect my phone via Bluetooth.

I just want a unit that will be plug and play with my base model Mk VI Golf

I'm an Android user also and I got this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262707429251?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Arrived today and just installed today- see my impressions below..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Just installed this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262707429251?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Initial impressions:

Super pleased with this. I got the 'base' unit as I'm an android user and had no need for CarPlay

Totally plug and play. Literally took 10 minutes.

Pairs almost immediately to my Android (Pixel).

Worked out of the box with my aftermarket amps. No coding.

Works with Google Assist- I just press the on-screen voice button and can make calls via voice command.

Sound quality (to me) is very good.

The one thing I'm super pumped about is that the unit now stays on until the key is removed from the ignition which is great for shutting off the engine and maintaining a bluetooth connection..

I listen to most of my music from an SD card.. Browsing is way faster now..

Best 135.00 I've spent..

Steering wheel controls work except for the phone button- I wonder if the phone button can be remapped to activate voice commands..

Haven't messed with it a lot and will post more impressions and observations as they arise.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Just stumbled in here and immediately did some googling. Has anyone installed this one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...lgo_pvid=1a7c9091-ff65-43ff-81e0-3dfeb175bca2

Can we confirm if Steering Wheel Controls and Car Play work?

That is the one I just installed last night. I'm at work so can't post any pictures. Was 4 screws, the large harness and the antenna plug (with new adapter they include). Looks completely OEM, is a VW part per the label on the unit. Carplay works very well (I have no prior experience with it). Bluetooth connects automatically after pairing if Carplay is not plugged in with USB. Steering wheel controls seem to work - the only one I didn't try was the "phone" button....but with it plugged in for Carplay, hitting the voice dial button on the steering wheel brings up Siri and its very responsive. I did take a call from my wife (who doesn't know I bought this, lol) and the sound quality was good. Music sound quality is improved, FM reception was good.
Oh, and when its connected to Carplay, there is no bluetooth connection, and therefore no phonebook on the MDI display behind the wheel, but its all available on the unit. Also, doesn't show tracks playing behind the wheel, I never used that anyway, always seemed far too redundant.

Yea, you get 187B for $223.70 shipped right now. I ordered mine last Monday or Tuesday and it came yesterday (Wednesday).

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I installed mine last night and can mirror what the previous poster said. It's fantastic compared to my RNS-315.

FWIW, the phone button on the steering wheel will switch the unit to the phone menu. And, I didn't think anything worked in the MFD, but when you're on a call the name of who you're talking to shows up there.

For $220, its one of the best electronics purchases I've ever made. I'm REALLY happy with it.

TheCor

Ready to race!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Just installed this:

Initial impressions:

Super pleased with this. I got the 'base' unit as I'm an android user and had no need for CarPlay

Totally plug and play. Literally took 10 minutes.

Pairs almost immediately to my Android (Pixel).

Worked out of the box with my aftermarket amps. No coding.

Works with Google Assist- I just press the on-screen voice button and can make calls via voice command.

Sound quality (to me) is very good.

The one thing I'm super pumped about is that the unit now stays on until the key is removed from the ignition which is great for shutting off the engine and maintaining a bluetooth connection..

I listen to most of my music from an SD card.. Browsing is way faster now..

Best 135.00 I've spent..

Steering wheel controls work except for the phone button- I wonder if the phone button can be remapped to activate voice commands..

Haven't messed with it a lot and will post more impressions and observations as they arise.

Does it work with a reverse camera? I have gotten so used to my android unit and my spotify, pandora and toque apps, that it would be hard to go back to no apps....