GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
Mimog3
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GTI Base MK6
P2015 on an Updated Intake Manifold 06J133201BH

Hi all. I have a 2010 GTI 6Spd that i bought as a fixer upper. The previous owner had replaced the intake manifold with part number 06J133201BH which from what i understand is the most current revision. Its the new lever design as well.

I verified this and the previous owner gave me the previous intake manifold so i see the physical difference. The owner did give me the paper work on the car and i did see that the intake manifold was replaced only 4 months ago. The part was purchased from ECS Tuning not sure if they'd be able to warranty that part for the new owner.

Is this possible that this failed again? has anyone had the new updated revision fail?
Mimog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimog3 View Post
Hi all. I have a 2010 GTI 6Spd that i bought as a fixer upper. The previous owner had replaced the intake manifold with part number 06J133201BH which from what i understand is the most current revision. Its the new lever design as well.

I verified this and the previous owner gave me the previous intake manifold so i see the physical difference. The owner did give me the paper work on the car and i did see that the intake manifold was replaced only 4 months ago. The part was purchased from ECS Tuning not sure if they'd be able to warranty that part for the new owner.

Is this possible that this failed again? has anyone had the new updated revision fail?
Do u have access to the shop that put it in? I'm sure they warranty their work?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
Mimog3
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GTI Base MK6
Unfortunately i do not. I live in VA and the car was purchased from a owner who lived in new york and had it serviced there but kept the car here in VA when it had issues with the timing chain which I've now corrected (P0016).

Anyways seems like the p2015 code has gone away but i do have a p2279 and p2187. Im not sure if this is somehow related to the intake but i did recently find out that my rear main seal is leaking. i heard that can cause a vacuum leak.
Mimog3 is offline   Reply With Quote