GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-03-2017, 01:47 AM   #1
Brehnan
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 Golf 2.5L (Stage 1)
Wink 2.5L IE Stage 1 (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEmHPNPk31E

Currently supporting Integrated Engineering's Stage 1, USP Cold Air Intake, Eurojet 3" GTI Cat-back w/ Magnaflow Mid-res.

Thinking of going to stage 2 with the intake manifold + stage 2 tune. It'll take it from 185/190(ish) to 218 hp. Anybody have thoughts?

https://www.performancebyie.com/inte...ntake-manifold

Last edited by Brehnan; 06-03-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Brehnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
To be honest the stage 2 is for if you want to spend a lot time high in the RPM range, like on a track where you do lap after lap.
For the unprictable canyon driving you do you maybe better off with the tune you already have that has a nice big bump down low in the working range.

just saying.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Brehnan
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
To be honest the stage 2 is for if you want to spend a lot time high in the RPM range, like on a track where you do lap after lap.
For the unprictable canyon driving you do you maybe better off with the tune you already have that has a nice big bump down low in the working range.

just saying.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. A 48.2 WHP increase from stock is going to be very noticeable in my opinion. Most my driving right now is in manual mode riding those high RPM's. I was kinda looking for somebody who had the Stage 2 to respond. Nobody's gonna take a 2.5L to a track cmon. I'm pushing 185 with Stage 1. I'm going through with Stage 2, so I'll let you know how it is the charts are so much more linear and it will pull past 5K. there's no way you can think that a tune pushing + 28 more hp is not worth it I'm sorry dude.

Last edited by Brehnan; 06-03-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brehnan View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. A 48.2 WHP increase from stock is going to be very noticeable in my opinion. Most my driving right now is in manual mode riding those high RPM's. I was kinda looking for somebody who had the Stage 2 to respond. Nobody's gonna take a 2.5L to a track cmon. I'm pushing 185 with Stage 1. I'm going through with Stage 2, so I'll let you know how it is the charts are so much more linear and it will pull past 5K. there's no way you can think that a tune pushing + 28 more hp is not worth it I'm sorry dude.
No problem, but I suspect your automatic will not allow you to rev high enough to make close to that HP.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
Brehnan
Passed Driver's Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
No problem, but I suspect your automatic will not allow you to rev high enough to make close to that HP.
Totally agreed, there results were dyno'd on a manual transmission, but I hear it's still a noticeable increase. I'm just trying to to push a higher number than I am now without dropping $4K on a turbo kit. Maybe one day......
Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #6
miguelr
FIA GT Champion

Drives: slow
Nice! I'm pretty much at the same build: UM tune, APR intake, AWE exhaust. I wasn't planning on the manifold since I'm 6AT and I've read the gains are only up top. I'd love to hear feedback if you do it.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #7
cubeofsoup
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 VW Golf 2.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brehnan View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEmHPNPk31E

Currently supporting Integrated Engineering's Stage 1, USP Cold Air Intake, Eurojet 3" GTI Cat-back w/ Magnaflow Mid-res.

Thinking of going to stage 2 with the intake manifold + stage 2 tune. It'll take it from 185/190(ish) to 218 hp. Anybody have thoughts?
Did you do the exhaust install yourself? If so, what was the process like?