GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5
2.5l turbo build help thread

Came upon a turbo kit that I'm picking up Saturday. T3t4 turbo with blow off, manifold, oil lines, and hook ups. I need a downpipe or connection to my test pipe. Any suggestions? Can I just use a downpipe from a gti? Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my mk6 golf 2.5 💣 H&R sport cup kit, whiteline adjustable sway links, alzor 881 18x9.5 ET40 wearing 225/40r18 nankang ns20's. afe dry intake, usp testpipe, eurojet exhaust, vacuum pump delete, r8 coil packs, eonon GA6153F headunit, blue LED interior swap. soon to be: git flat bottom steering wheel, IE tubing swap, IE valve cover, intake manifold????, tune??
Vikingsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
FlowMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf 2.5 5spd
How does the exhaust manifold looks ? And what turbo kit are you looking at ?
FlowMK6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Sorry for shitty pic quality

my mk6 golf 2.5 💣 H&R sport cup kit, whiteline adjustable sway links, alzor 881 18x9.5 ET40 wearing 225/40r18 nankang ns20's. afe dry intake, usp testpipe, eurojet exhaust, vacuum pump delete, r8 coil packs, eonon GA6153F headunit, blue LED interior swap. soon to be: git flat bottom steering wheel, IE tubing swap, IE valve cover, intake manifold????, tune??
Old 06-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
IDK it looks low quality to me, it's in the same league as this cheapo turbo Kit for the 2.5 Jetta that always pops up.
http://www.hansautoparts.com/25TurboKitDescription.aspx

With the so called blow off valve (Black part connected to the Manifold) even clear the hood once the manifold is mounted? In our cars, clearance is a big packaging problem, so make sure you are OK before you buy or be stuck with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turbokit.jpg (86.9 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by MLue1; 06-07-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: adding pic
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLue1 View Post
IDK it looks low quality to me, it's in the same league as this cheapo turbo Kit for the 2.5 Jetta that always pops up.

http://www.hansautoparts.com/25TurboKitDescription.aspx

With the so called blow off valve (Black part connected to the Manifold) even clear the hood once the manifold is mounted? In our cars, clearance is a big packaging problem, so make sure you are OK before you buy or be stuck with it.

It should clear. If not I can set up a diverter and that should take less space.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #6
FlowMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf 2.5 5spd
The exhaust manifold looks cheap and a bit small, are you sure it's for a 5 cylinders ? Is there an other pipe ? I think the actual pipe is just a pipe for atmospheric dump and it looks like a external wastegaste. There is probably an another pipe which goes from the turbo exhaust housing to the downpipe, you will probably need some custom pipe work.
FlowMK6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMK6 View Post
The exhaust manifold looks cheap and a bit small, are you sure it's for a 5 cylinders ? Is there an other pipe ? I think the actual pipe is just a pipe for atmospheric dump and it looks like a external wastegaste. There is probably an another pipe which goes from the turbo exhaust housing to the downpipe, you will probably need some custom pipe work.

I'll take more pics this Saturday

Old 06-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #8
davserbic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Golf MKVI
Oooh, I've seen this guy selling this kit for a bit — was always curious but never took a chance on it. VERY curious to see what you find.

Golf 2.5L Build Thread | Airlift Slam Series + V2 Management | APR Carbonio | Mercedes Alphards | Golf R Conversion |

FOLLOW ME ON IG: @DAVSERBIC
davserbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davserbic View Post
Oooh, I've seen this guy selling this kit for a bit was always curious but never took a chance on it. VERY curious to see what you find.
Lol, our 2.5 engines running so rich installing the Hans turbo probably wouldn't even need much of a tune.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #10
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Do think I might just be able to use a gti downpipe?

Old 06-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #11
red_stapler
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '12 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingsloth View Post
Do think I might just be able to use a gti downpipe?
Maybe? It depends on if that manifold puts the turbo's downpipe flange in the same location as where it would be on a GTI. Unless the turbo is speficially made to match a GTI downpipe, you'd probably have to cut the GTI flange off the downpipe and weld on one that matches the turbo.

Last edited by red_stapler; 06-09-2017 at 03:37 PM.
red_stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #12
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_stapler View Post
Maybe? It depends on if that manifold puts the turbo's downpipe flange in the same location as where it would be on a GTI. Unless the turbo is speficially made to match a GTI downpipe, you'd probably have to cut the GTI flange off the downpipe and weld on one that matches the turbo.

All I want is some psssshhhhh

Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
davserbic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Golf MKVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingsloth View Post
All I want is some psssshhhhh

Haha easier said than done with these 2.5's. Have you reached out to Josh Hannabass on Novadubs?

Golf 2.5L Build Thread | Airlift Slam Series + V2 Management | APR Carbonio | Mercedes Alphards | Golf R Conversion |

FOLLOW ME ON IG: @DAVSERBIC
davserbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:47 AM   #14
Vikingsloth
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by davserbic View Post
Haha easier said than done with these 2.5's. Have you reached out to Josh Hannabass on Novadubs?

No, has good info?