GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk1 RABBIT EA888 GEN 1 SWAP?

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
I want to know if this is possible? I always wanted to work on cars but never got the chance to. I found a cheap mk1 rabbit, EA888 gen 1 cbfa complete engine, and 6 speed transmission. I would like to build it slowly. Any thoughts or advise on this? I thought it would be cool since the car is so light and small that i can put in my garage and work on it. Also learn in the process. I know il probably break stuff in the process. I rather break stuff on that car than my nice garage kept mk6 gti k04. Plus i have some stock parts off my mk6 gti that can probably work. My thoughts were to build it for the track. Any advise would help. And dont kill me for my crazy idea. Thanks!

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Funny you bring this up... i literally ask the same thing as Wuste.

Have no idea if its possible but it would be super cool

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
If it physically fits I'm sure it's possible. You'll certainly want a welder because you'll probably need to learn how to fabricate custom engine and transmission mounts. Sounds like a fun idea.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
If it physically fits I'm sure it's possible. You'll certainly want a welder because you'll probably need to learn how to fabricate custom engine and transmission mounts. Sounds like a fun idea.

My father in law has one he can definitely help me out with that.