GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 10-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #29
A3-Owner
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 Audi A3 Quattro
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113828

Throwing this up on Dan's build thread so there is more traction about my feedback from Dan and my response to him.
A3-Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #30
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
"Dan, you and the dyno operator did not, in those 3 hours send me a SINGLE datalog of any pulls.

Me- As stated we tried to contact you but you were no where to be found. The car was having issues, please re-read the first post.

You mentioned you did some base pulls, why did you not send me any data?
Re-Read the first post please.

There is something missing here from this story that I am not privy to. I don't think it's sensible to sit on the dyno for 3 hours and not provide me with any data from which to tune the car. Berg is a certified COBB tuner you said, I am sure he knew how to operate a COBB Accessport and provide data.

Me- I don't believe there is anything missing. It's not sensible to setup a live session with a customer a week ahead of time and then skip out on them when the day comes. I let you know the goals ahead of time and have been working with you for months. The live session was setup over a week in advance and was confirmed more than once with via email. Ultimately you did not follow through on your end because you couldn't answer us for some reason after multiple attempts over the course of 3 hours

I even asked him directly about what happened? No reply.

I am not here to insinuate on what happened during those 3 hours of dyno time during which I stood by waiting for a datalog.

Me- You did not stand by. It took over 40 minutes past the scheduled time to get you to respond. Should have been on skype/phone/or FB message right at 3pm PST as discussed. I'm not sure how you can blame the tuner and myself when the car was strapped down well before 3pm and we were ready to go. Here is his response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	27
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	56416

Whatever it was, certainly did not involve me. Getting an angry phone call and hang up after that time period and asking for your money back for an e-tune that did not include or even charge for any live dyno tuning is not something that is reasonable."

Me- I was polite on the phone asking why you were not live and what the problem was. Explained the day was wasted and told you i was not happy with how things went. When I asked for an explanation you did not provide one, at that point I asked for a partial refund and you told me "I cannot give you a refund feel free to dispute" So I hung up, there was no reason to keep talking with that being stated. Never cursed at you or rose my voice. Kept it professional.

You keep denying setting this up as a live session and charging extra but it's in writing and posted above, but i'll add it here again. I still don't understand what the issue here is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c386c2e5386859d015a076c9c93cd18.png
Views:	28
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	56417

Me- Things didn't work out, it is what it is. I'm not sure why you can't give the partial refund based on how things went, in addition to the fact it's been over four months and the car is on the third iteration for pump 93.

I really wanted to have a Stratified tune on the car but after all this i'm no longer interested. Hopefully we can resolve this in a professional manner. Feel free to contact me via Paypal. I will not be using these forums any longer. Thanks
R35Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #31
Alex@Stratified
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Dan, you were not charged for any live tuning although I was standing by with no communication from your end or your dyno operator. The car was driving on the street just fine over multiple iterations with our tune - I again have to question why you were not able to take a single datalog on the dyno.

I have done my best to facilitate this for you as we value our customers and strive to offer the best service that goes beyond just tuning - be it troubleshooting, facilitating, answering questions, etc.

The bottom line is that you are the one who refused (and continues to refuse) to complete the e-tuning process you purchased and we have started some time ago.

Our refund policy is clearly stated in this case and it is on our website.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote