GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Wheel Sizes Actually Fit?

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Did anyone ever find out if the .75 drop from VW SPORT was able to be gotten in the states?

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
are you asking about driver gear springs? yes they are here

Thank you! Are they for sure able to used on a GTI and where can one buy them from? I looked on ECS's website, but there was no mention of drop and no pics of them on the car either.

MagikBaker

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if 235 with 18x8.5 ET45 will work with only a mild .75 drop? It seems right on the edge. So 235 is fine on stock but not fine on over a 1 inch drop. How much of a difference is a quarter inch as far as suspension travel related to rub?

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if 235 with 18x8.5 ET45 will work with only a mild .75 drop? It seems right on the edge. So 235 is fine on stock but not fine on over a 1 inch drop. How much of a difference is a quarter inch as far as suspension travel related to rub?

go 225/40-18 ... 235 your spedo will be off .. and you may rub over hard bumps

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
235/40/18 wrapped on 18" VMR V701 et 45 with 1.2" H&R Sport Springs ok?

You may rub in the front on hard corners...other than that your good

You will be fine...no rubbing

McQueen77

Banned
good and informative thread

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
This is what happens if you don't roll the fender tab:

(i miss that car.)

GhostGTI1

Banned
Anyone know the best fitment for drag racing? Looking for the biggest slick i can fit without rubbing/issues on a 16" wheel.

joker4230

I just want to clear something up...flush does NOT mean it won't rub....it is simply a term to indicate where the wheel sits with reference to the outer most part of the fender. Flush means the wheel and fender are on the same plane.

With that said, 18x8.5 ET35 is certainly not flush. That setup will definitely poke and if you're lowered any amount, you will rub.

I ran 19x8.5 ET45 on my Mk5. That was flush. A 1.5" drop gave me very slight rubbing on the track and big dips in the road.

My new wheels are 19x8 ET45. It's pretty damn close to flush but I'm now lowered over 2" so I needed to stiffen up the suspension to ensure no rubbing. If I was on my old 1.5" drop, I wouldn't have rubbed.

So when asking the question, what wheel sizes actually fit, you need to know what your suspension setup will be to choose the best wheel for you.
Curious on stock suspension will the 18x8
18x8.5 ET45 225/40/18 tire
19x8.5 ET45 225/35/19 tire

Those specs will give you a very flush fitment and no rubbing on a stock or slightly lowered car.

19s are very easy to do. I run 19s on my Mk5 and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
so 18x8.5 et45 with the 225 setup will give me no trouble with stock suspension? About to order some rotiform kps along with some Michelin AS just want to get a good size nailed before I pull the trigger!
thanks in advance