GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #15
CHerna
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Got mine pre-owned. It's been a champ. It gets pampered and only the best. Your car is a reflection of you, in more ways than one.

2003 Golf GTI 2 Door - Tornado Red 5-Speed m/t (Gone)
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #16
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
I guess I was not good enough for this brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josueleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #17
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #18
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
But what does not kill it, it will reincarnate stronger, fuck it I will buy the engine swap it and give it some tender love

Old 07-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #19
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Ehhh not the EA888 gen 1 motor... that cam follower is a tiny little nuclear bomb that HATES high RPMs
Old 07-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #20
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Can someone list me from which vw and Audi cars can I buy an engine that will fit my gti 2010 engine code cbfa turbo 2.0

Old 07-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #21
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Wait, you have a GTI or a Golf R? You posted this in the Golf R section.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #22
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Gti

Old 07-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #23
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Check timing chain.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #24
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
My reactions to this thread.

2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:47 PM   #25
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
your post is a mess so its hard to tell whats what but the manual has a fuel cutoff at 6800 or 7k I think if its tuned. You cant have over revved once and blown the motor unless theres something else going on here. Did you keep it at redline for 20 minutes straight? Are you tuned? Disabled rev lmiter? were you having timing problems and or was there oil in it lol? we want more deets here

lol i love the idea of an all ebay GTI great job

The engine had oil, always check it every month. I went all thru the red line for about 3 to 7 seconds. And after that, the engine cut off. My engine it's stock. I have not touched the rev limiter. See if my car was just sitting at the house iddiling and I would floor it by mistake it will only go to probably 3500 rpms or so. It will not go all the way to the red line. But if I was on the highway and set it on neutral and floor it it would of go all the way to the red line

Old 07-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #26
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezoid View Post
josueleon.. really hope you get the help you need. And I'm going to try and translate as I'm sure autocorrect is a bitch.. I'm guessing you have a 6mt.. and you were coming off/on the off/on ramp, and were in to low of a gear and redlined (7000+) the engine..

I don't have a standard GTI(you could have a dsg) so I can't compare.. but I'm guessing if the 6mt doesn't have overrev protections.. you could have toasted the motor..

Now after that.. I'm at a loss. What are you trying to figure out if buying what? You got quoted $2700.. for what? engine replacement? transmission replacement? Crankshaft "metals" replacement?

With the symptoms you've stated.. it could be a dead battery.. but giving the circumstances I doubt that is your issue.
I know you're in a crappy situation.. but the more information you give the forums.. the more they can help... Sounds.. Pictures.. anything... Provide a picture of the quote being done on your car.. anything. I'm sure there are plenty of people wanting to help..

Just try not to let autocorrect type your post, because it is difficult to read.. Either way GL.. Hope it isn't serious..

Ok I'll try again lol, before my car was on the off ramp I had set it on neutral, so I was on my phone distracted and floor it by mistake, as i was on the off ramp, when I got at the end of the ramp the car had cut off so I try to turn it on and all I could hear it's a clicking sound every time I try to crank it. 2700$ it's the price of the used hunk engine I will post some pictures

Old 07-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #27
BudgetPhoenix
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 09 GLI
Have you done any further diagnosis? I'm still wondering how you could possibly fry an engine from redlining for 4 seconds. You could probably redline a healthy TSI in neutral for more than 10 minutes straight, cars aren't that fragile. I wonder if you possibly jumped timing at that exact moment and destroyed the head. Did you ever get the updated tensioner? Did you try seeing if there were any codes?
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #28
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Again, check your timing chain.