GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #57
NNWGB6
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 Passat TSI DSG KO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkells View Post
Mounts mounts mounts. Bracing bracing bracing. Suspension supension suspension.

I have about 5k in suspension mods alone if not more.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Thanks, really appreciate it. I'll wait for more reviews. I'll go sit in my corner festering with hate for apr now.
NNWGB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:06 PM   #58
jkells
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNWGB6 View Post
Thanks, really appreciate it. I'll wait for more reviews. I'll go sit in my corner festering with hate for apr now.
First thing first, get rid of apr's trash canned tune.... Go to a REAL tuner, who will actually tune specifically for your car.

jkells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #59
jkells
Oval Newbie

Holy cow, someone who knows how to build. No point in having all that power if you can't transfer it to the ground.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #60
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Holy cow, someone who knows how to build. No point in having all that power if you can't transfer it to the ground.

hey come on, there are a few of us!
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #61
jkells
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
pzeros are all seasons though? I have rs3's and my k04 gti hooks decent in 2nd depending on the pavement. I do have stage 2 mounts all around though too and an lsd which helps.
My last comment was for you jay745.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #62
jkells
Oval Newbie

Quote:
hey come on, there are a few of us!
I have a buddy who drives an S2000 pushing 550bhp and 355tq. And can't understand why I eat him up all the time. He has almost no suspension/drivetrain/mount mods.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #63
NNWGB6
Autocross Champion

Quote:
I have a buddy who drives an S2000 pushing 550bhp and 355tq. And can't understand why I eat him up all the time. He has almost no suspension/drivetrain/mount mods.

So who tuned your tte420? I see I can buy one from usp. Maybe this will keep me from buying the new arteon next year.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #64
jkells
Oval Newbie

Quote:
So who tuned your tte420? I see I can buy one from usp. Maybe this will keep me from buying the new arteon next year.
Yes and there are a few people here in the states that will custom tune them, but there are a lot of tuners in Europe that are willing to send you the accessport and files to do it. And they are really good about getting back to you.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #65
NNWGB6
Autocross Champion

Alright might end up "racecaring" the b6. I've been k04ed for 5 years, bout time for a change. What dsg tune are you running?
Old 08-05-2017, 04:17 AM   #66
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 4dr Black Gti
Quote:
UM and DM both have otf tunes available for the gti tsi tte420... only other options is eurodyne or cobb for a custom tune. If your looking for another option mabotech380h turbo is 1700 with a guy putting down 407whp and 385tq with a small e20/e30 blend motor is untouched.
| Apr Ko4 v3.1 | Apr stage 2 Dsg | Do88 Ic | IE intake | Circuitwerks turboback | Ecs street shield | R8 coils | S3 style top | Spulen throttle pipe | BC coils | Uni dv relocate | 034 street density mounts | Hpa 75A puck | P3 Gauge | GFB Dv+ |
mk6'12gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #67
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Don't take this the wrong way but while we love the "how to swap a throttle body" DIY tutorial, you're not offering enough feedback on the throttle body in terms of variable driving conditions and data. I've reached out to Grams Performance regarding this unit and was provided very little info other than a product brochure and the fact that several tuners have provided their own testing inclusive of 034 Motorsport. I placed a call over to Jeremy who said this was a legit addition.

If the stars align, I plan to provide a full review, providing feedback from real world driving scenarios, data logs (I have specific data points I want to measure), comparisons vs. the OE throttle body, water methanol usage and more.

Quote:
Anyone else have concerns of this making the car run too lean? Or am I overthinking it?
Again, logs are needed, it will add more fuel at certain engine load but 02 correction should compensate with LT fuel trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
Hyde16!!!!! New part for you to do one of your intense reviews!!
I'm working on this now.

Quote:
The only issue I am having is when attempting to turn it over on a cold/warm start, it will fail. The second turnover it cranks perfectly fine. I will have to collect logs to see if I'm running lean or not.
Check for a vacuum leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
And this point this review reminds me of amazon reviews that say " I was given the item for free or at a discount for my honest review" lol
Lol, or for an installation guide...

Quote:
Well, for all the 'disbelievers'. My hybrid K04 or TTE420 pushes around 400 to the wheels. And I have HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY modification done to my suspension, chassis, drivetrain, mounts, etc. I didn't just slap on a Throttle Body and make exaggerated claims. I wrote the DIY and my impressions and problems for this product.
It's good to see this added to a bolt on turbocharger setup. Now I can provide feedback on a full long block engine build, custom turbo system and even heavier suspension build. I also have a local club member and friend looking to provide APR Stage 2 (stock turbo) feedback on this same throttle body.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 AM   #68
jkells
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but while we love the "how to swap a throttle body" DIY tutorial, you're not offering enough feedback on the throttle body in terms of variable driving conditions and data. I've reached out to Grams Performance regarding this unit and was provided very little info other than a product brochure and the fact that several tuners have provided their own testing inclusive of 034 Motorsport. I placed a call over to Jeremy who said this was a legit addition.

If the stars align, I plan to provide a full review, providing feedback from real world driving scenarios, data logs (I have specific data points I want to measure), comparisons vs. the OE throttle body, water methanol usage and more.

Again, logs are needed, it will add more fuel at certain engine load but 02 correction should compensate with LT fuel trims.

I'm working on this now.

Check for a vacuum leak

It's good to see this added to a bolt on turbocharger setup. Now I can provide feedback on a full long block engine build, custom turbo system and even heavier suspension build. I also have a local club member and friend looking to provide APR Stage 2 (stock turbo) feedback on this same throttle body.
None taken whatsoever. Please do a more detailed analysis of the product and provide feedback.

Also, below are screenshots of at idle and at throttle (driving speed).

I reached out to Grams. And their suggestion was disconnect the negative terminal for 15 minutes. Needless to say that didn't work. It is religious though that it turns over on the second crank on a cold/warm engine. Hot engine cranks the first time.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #69
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Your vacuum seems rather high, you should be between 18-20Hg. Check for vacuum leaks.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #70
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post

I'm working on this now.

Check for a vacuum leak

Alright!!!!!! Hyde16 is here to save the day lol!!

Sub'd for more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grams, throttle body, throttle body upgrade