GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 08-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #29
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
Need a sample. Was gonna do keto and intermittent fasting

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

My normal set up is i wake up at 7am i usually eat 2 eggs cooked in butter and olive oil maybe a bit of heavy cream with some bacon or sausage patties (the low sodium kind as they are not cured with sugar). Usually 0 carbs or 1 carb total.

Then around lunch (11-1pm) ill have some form of lunch lol. It depends last week i meal prepped a cheeseburger soup which was pretty good. I didn't prep yet this week but i did pull out some salmon to meal prep. I usually try and keep my lunch to around 5-8 carbs or less.

Then depending on if its a workout day or not ill eat dinner around 5:30-6pm on non work out days and if it is a work out day i eat dinner after working out.

Dinner is kinda up in the air... i sometimes cook some stuff or go to chipotle,get a buritto salad(no rice or beans) or five guys and get a lettuce wrap double bacon cheeseburger. I Try to keep my dinner under 10 carbs.

If all goes well throughout the day i sometimes end the day with a "fat bomb" or atkins treat bar depending on what my macro intake was for the day.

I usually drink around 100oz of water per day and more while at the gym. I usually drink a full liter while im at the gym.

Usually im set up around 1500-1800 calories per day. 120-150 grams of fat per day. and around 100 grams of protein per day. All while being under 20 carbs for the day. Some days i do less some days i do a little more. It just depends. I know my calorie deficit is a little high at 30-35%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #30
Joveen
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Nice!

Old 08-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #31
chip
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfsburg DSG in CSG
My coworker is doing this and lost 20 lbs over the past month. I have been thinking of doing this but see it being hard to give up a lot of foods/beer.

Anyone have good links w/ meal plans they follow?

Good links on key foods not to eat etc.

Thanks

Chad
GTI seat wrench inserts / Black VW Emblems / Smoked Side Markers / Black Mirror Caps / Neuspeed Pflo / 034 Dogbone Insert / Unibrace UB / Dark Cherry Depo Tails / H&R Sport Springs / H&R Rear Sway Bar 24mm
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #32
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

foods not to eat.
Everything delicious.
LOL JK

No bread, no pasta, no beer, no soda/fruit drinks(Water is your only friend). No Rice, no sweets, no pastries. Anything with carbs/sugar gone.

You can make a lot of alternative things. I make "fat bombs" which are like peanut butter cups with cocoa powder, coconut oil, and peanut butter(or almond butter). I sometimes add swerve(think sugar but not bad for your blood sugar).

I dont really meal prep but im trying to at least meal prep all my lunchs now. It just makes it 10 times easier if you already have something to eat instead of trying to see where to go and what to eat.

That being said its not that hard.. if you really need to you can go to burger king or mcdonalds and get a cheese burger without the bun for a low carb meal.

I googled a bunch of places that offer low carb alternatives and chipotles salad is not that bad. 5 guys/in and out both offer lettuce wrap burgers instead of buns.. jimmy jonhs does the "unwich" which is a lettuce wrap.

or you can meal prep a few recipes and eat them throughout the week. Thats what im gonna be doing for lunch for the most part.

Like my new meal prep for this week will be salmon fillets with with a cup of broccoli and shredded cheese on the broccoli. Ill also probably make a few open face burgers by putting it in a tupper wear on a bed of lettuce with some pickles and cheese and maybe a slice of tomoato.

You gotta be careful with veggies too a lot of them have carbs and high sugar.
Pretty much no fruit in this diet either due to all the sugar.

ruled.me is a good website for some recipes and tricks/tips i dont download any of their stuff but you can freely browse their entire website and look at recipes and articles to get a better understanding.

I dont see myself doing this diet for more than 2 months. but by 2 months i should be at my goal or past it.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #33
chip
Rally Car Champion

Thanks for the tips.
GTI seat wrench inserts / Black VW Emblems / Smoked Side Markers / Black Mirror Caps / Neuspeed Pflo / 034 Dogbone Insert / Unibrace UB / Dark Cherry Depo Tails / H&R Sport Springs / H&R Rear Sway Bar 24mm
Old 08-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #34
Joveen

You want to go up on the calories a tab bro. Don't want to drop to much weight too quickly.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #35
chip
Rally Car Champion

Is there a substitute for the no beer?

Answer:

https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-and-alcohol/
Old 08-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #36
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Is there a substitute for the no beer?

Answer:

https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-and-alcohol/
uh Michelob ultra has like 2carb. so you could drink like 2-3 of them depending on what else you ate the entire day.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #37
Joveen

Drink flavored water.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #38
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
Drink flavored water.

yeah i think he was more in the idea of beer substitute

All i drink is water. I have bought a few publix water enhancers along with mio and they do taste really good but i wouldnt do to much. keep to the 8-16oz at a time with regular water in between. I drank to much fruit punch water enhancer once(like an entire liter worth) plus a couple glasses here and there and man did i have the "Rocket S**ts" if you know what i mean.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #39
Joveen

Hahaha. Ik man. Just keep a gallon of water with you.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #40
DarianBx3
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI DSG
Don't know how I missed this thread! I've been doing it for a few months now. It's awesome.

Even once I hit goal wait I plan on staying on it. No cravings, no bad eating habits. WAYY more energy, more focus, the list goes on beyond just weight loss benefits. I discovered keto from the r/keto, and there is tonnns of good information in the sidebar there.

Edit: Also recently I started taking a multivitamin, in addition to a standalone potassium vitamin and a magnesium one as well. Helped a LOT. Also I'm going to list this documentary / movie you guys should definitely check out. Good to show people you are introducing / telling about it. Tons of good information here as well.

https://youtu.be/evcNPfZlrZs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Although i will admit the change in diet has been hard. so many foods i enjoy have way to many carbs in them.
Stick with it and this will vanish. Soda just tastes like sugar water to me now, carbs make me feel like complete shit for days, and in general sugar loaded foods are just NOT appealing whatsoever. Your taste buds and brain chemistry will literally change after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram View Post
A mistake I see a lot of people make (& I have made too) is eating too much protein & not enough fat. Keep your fat content way up if you want to see progress.
This is the hardest part for me. Your body converts excess protein into glucose. I definitely eat too much protein some days.

Last edited by DarianBx3; 08-21-2017 at 05:48 PM.
DarianBx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #41
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarianBx3 View Post
Don't know how I missed this thread! I've been doing it for a few months now. It's awesome.

Even once I hit goal wait I plan on staying on it. No cravings, no bad eating habits. WAYY more energy, more focus, the list goes on beyond just weight loss benefits. I discovered keto from the r/keto, and there is tonnns of good information in the sidebar there.

Edit: Also recently I started taking a multivitamin, in addition to a standalone potassium vitamin and a magnesium one as well. Helped a LOT. Also I'm going to list this documentary / movie you guys should definitely check out. Good to show people you are introducing / telling about it. Tons of good information here as well.

https://youtu.be/evcNPfZlrZs

Stick with it and this will vanish. Soda just tastes like sugar water to me now, carbs make me feel like complete shit for days, and in general sugar loaded foods are just NOT appealing whatsoever. Your taste buds and brain chemistry will literally change after a while.

This is the hardest part for me. Your body converts excess protein into glucose. I definitely eat too much protein some days.

Yeah i always make sure my fat outnumbers my protien. However i do lift quite regularly now so my protein might be a little higher then others. My goal for macros is 150 fat 100-110 protein and <20 carbs.

While were all here why dont we say our start weight and our initial goal weight.

My start weight was 236.6lbs and my goal is 195lbs(i want to be under 200 lol). Now once i hit that range i may continue down to 180lbs but for now my goal is to consistently show bellow 200lbs.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #42
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

speaking of the morning i weighed in at 217lbs. Im almost 20lbs down.
Quote:
Quote: