GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Dbyrd342

Drives: 2010 golf 2.5l 5 cylinder stock
OBDEleven for the 2.5

I am complicating on getting this for my 2010 golf but I wanted to know if there's a lot of options for my car through OBDEleven I downloaded the app without the device and skimmed through the options and it looks like it would be a waste of money since my car doesn't have all the requirements for some options like power folding mirrors and rain sensors for example. So is it a waste of money or are there a lot of options through OBDEleven for the 2010 golf?
Dbyrd342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Using it for diagnostics/cel checks pays for its self imo if you don't already have something to clear codes. Better than running back and forth to the dealer/shop every time your car throws a cel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
Rickybobbi
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
I know MLue has it, I believe he has a 2010 as well. He used it on my 2011 to change my code for my LED tails.
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
MLue1
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Lightbulb

IMO Definitely worth the price. There are guys paying the full price of VAG.com who program the same amount of features that we do. The OBD11 can't data log the engine like the VAG.com can; so up to you to choose what you want to do.

I purchased a used VAG.com cable as well, from my point of view it does not work quite as well on a Golf as for the GTI. Any way I've now grown tired of both and now play with real programming tools.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote