GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT seats retrofit

postbox

Hi, folks.

Recently made this install for my own GTI MK6 and posted about it in detail here.

Everything from seats overview to installation procedure and various caveats on the way.

Hit me with feedback and questions.
Cheers
Alex

audi-sport-seats-in-vw-gti-mk6.jpg

postbox

It kinda depends on expectations.

I thought they gonna be good enough for the track but that's not the case. I need a proper bucket seat.

For daily/weekend use and some (not totally crazy) canyon driving they are a solid and fairly affordable choice.
But not sure if they are worth the effort TBH. :) Stock seats are pretty good too.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

I thought they gonna be good enough for the track but that's not the case. I need a proper bucket seat.

For daily/weekend use and some (not totally crazy) canyon driving they are a solid and fairly affordable choice.
But not sure if they are worth the effort TBH. :) Stock seats are pretty good too.
For sure. At the time the car was my daily. Later after I went big turbo, built motor etc. I put a set of Recaros and track belts in as it became a trailer to track only car.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

You can put some Schroth 4pt belts in and those seats will be a whole lot different at the track.