GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 08-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
BringerOdeath
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI Candy White
Do 4 door leather mk5/mk6 rear seats fit in 2 door mk6 gti.

I am working n swapping in Audi TT seats and I wanted to switch my rear seats to leather as well. I wanted to onow if rear seats from a 4 door gti will fit my 2 door?

Also, what rear seats from what cars will fit? S5 or a5 or just mk5/6 seats?
2011 GTI CW,K04 G.I.A.C. Tuned, Godspeed FMIC V2.0(Got for free), R8 red Coilpacks, Volant Intake, Fastbits DV+,42 Draft designs DP-high flow cat, Fluidampr, 034 motorsports street engine/tranny mounts, Vibratech Subframe insert, 034 motosports aspherical dogbone, 034 stainless subframe collar kit, Forge catch can, Charge /discharge pipes, Koni Coilovers, TSW Donington wheels, Golf R side skirts, Brembo 17z's
BringerOdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 AM   #2
BringerOdeath

Can someone with a 4 door GTI measure their rear seats at least so I can compare with mine?
2011 GTI CW,K04 G.I.A.C. Tuned, Godspeed FMIC V2.0(Got for free), R8 red Coilpacks, Volant Intake, Fastbits DV+,42 Draft designs DP-high flow cat, Fluidampr, 034 motorsports street engine/tranny mounts, Vibratech Subframe insert, 034 motosports aspherical dogbone, 034 stainless subframe collar kit, Forge catch can, Charge /discharge pipes, Koni Coilovers, TSW Donington wheels, Golf R side skirts, Brembo 17z's
Old 08-29-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
webbry4
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn IE Stage 2
I doubt it the back seat looks fairly different between the 2 models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webbry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Back seats between a 4 door GTI and a 2 door GTI regardless of MKV or MK6 should fit just fine. Pretty sure there's zero difference between 2dr and 4dr seats in the rear. The main difference is with the front seats and the pull release slide mech not present on the shoulder of the 4Dr front seats.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #5
BringerOdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Back seats between a 4 door GTI and a 2 door GTI regardless of MKV or MK6 should fit just fine. Pretty sure there's zero difference between 2dr and 4dr seats in the rear. The main difference is with the front seats and the pull release slide mech not present on the shoulder of the 4Dr front seats.
Thanks Focal point! I knew about the pull levers not being on the front seats, so I got some TT leather seats with alcantara for a good price since I couldn't find 2 door GTI front seats in leather. I think that the only way to get 2 door leather seats for a GTI would be getting Golf R seats.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringerOdeath View Post
Thanks Focal point! I knew about the pull levers not being on the front seats, so I got some TT leather seats with alcantara for a good price since I couldn't find 2 door GTI front seats in leather. I think that the only way to get 2 door leather seats for a GTI would be getting Golf R seats.
You can get 2 door leathers on ebay but they're used and sold normally as a set. Occasionally I've seen them available as just the two front seats.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #7
BringerOdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
You can get 2 door leathers on ebay but they're used and sold normally as a set. Occasionally I've seen them available as just the two front seats.
It's much rarer than the 4 door seats though..... Do you know if A5/S5 rears would fit in the mk6 GTI? They would match better than GTI seats with the audi seats.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #8
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

No clue on that, tbh.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #9
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
24" in hight without headrest, 30" with. 50" long. 30" wide.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #10
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringerOdeath View Post
Have you considered just getting your stock rear seats re-upholstered to match the TT seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
BringerOdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Have you considered just getting your stock rear seats re-upholstered to match the TT seats?
I think it would cost me more to re-upholster the rear seats than to just get a set of A5 seats and swap the cushions and cove to my seat frame. I can get a rear A5 set of seats that have the same patter as my TT seats minus the alcantara for $100 bucks. I can get a set of rear seats for a mk6 golf for the frame for $35 bucks from the junkyard