GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side skirt questions

FriggenT1

Banned
Soooo, had a boost leak the other day, got it all fixed and it was good. As I was letting the car down, I heard a crack...turns out my jackstand wasn't fully clear. Needless to stay it cracked the sideskirt and slighty dented the bottom section (though it didn't get up to the door).

Now, my question is...getting the dent pulled, painted, a new sideskirt seems like an expensive endeavour.
Are there any side skirts that cover that whole area up to the door that can be had for decent quality and price?

I've looked at some but I can't totally tell about them covering up the area.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
https://www.becautoparts.com/products/vw-mk6-golf-r-style-side-skirts

I’ve done that and there was a slight deformity in the panel where the screws allow the OEM skirt to slide into place. These cover that whole area and don’t use those side screws so it won’t show. 3M tape adheres the top edge to the panel.

Last edited:

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Looks nice, how well does the 3m tape hold up?

Damn good. The 3M is good stuff. Just have to make sure the screws are mounted first and then peel the backing off and then tighten the screws and press the edge against the panel.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I ordered my paint off automotivetouchup and got two cans of paint and two gloss. It looks flawless.