GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
iSuckAtThis
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
Car shaking and fluctuating RPM.

So I took my GTI to the dealer today to get the water pump changed, and while I was driving home (an hour and a half drive) I noticed that if I'm trying to speed up a bit, the RPM goes up a bit then down and then up again and then I start speeding up.
When I was almost home, I was slowing down and here is where the car starts to shake and the RPM fluctuating, it even dropped to 0 for less than a second to come up again. The check engine light was coming on and off.
I called the dealer, I explained to them what I experienced, and told me to drop the car tomorrow.

Does anyone know what this might be from?
Could it be from the water pump change procedure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iSuckAtThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
urbanevil
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6 spd
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me.
2013 GTI 6spd - CTS k04, Unitronic Intake, Unitronic Turbo Back Exhaust , 42 Draft Designs Boost Tap, GFB DV+, SouthBend Stg 2 Daily,ARM FMIC, Golf R Conversion Front Bumper w/ LEDS, CTS Short Shift Kit, CTS K04 TOP Pipe, CTS Throttle Pipe,Solowerks S1 Coilovers, NewSouth OEM Vent Pod, Podi mechanical Boost Gauge, R8 Coils, NGK Iridium plugs, Eonon GA6153F
urbanevil is offline   Reply With Quote