GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
GavinB

Drives: Mk6 golf gti
Exclamation Random Airbag Deployment!

HI,
I have a 2011 golf gti with 85k km's on it, I have only had it 4 months and done less then 2000 km since I bought it. I was driving down the road last week at 100km when the passenger side airbags went off with out warning!! the car was not in an accident and I kept it on the road. all the seat belts went off as well.i had it taken to the local dealer on the back of a truck and while they were looking at it the drivers side airbags went off!! lucky the tech wasn't hurt.They have said there was over 36 faults logged in the system.

The insurance are saying there not interested as the car was not in an accident. Have asked for the dealer to contact VW and try to find out more about what happened and why????

Was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if so what was the outcome???

Any advice on what I can do and what my rights are?????

Thanks
GavinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
Jarred767
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 White GTI 4DR 6MT
Jarred767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
wow thats strange. Ive never heard of this happening in the GTI please keep it updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #4
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Ouch. Maybe previous owner messed with some of the electrical? Was it ever involved in a flood?

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 AM   #5
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Man, that sucks. When I used to work as an insurance adjuster I had a case where a client hit a curb with his right front wheel in his Camaro, not even hard enough to throw his alignment even slightly off, and it blew EVERY airbag - Iím talking both curtains, seats, seat belts, driver and passenger and the knee bags for both. Itís rare but these things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Borla Catback/Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
CHerna
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
In most cases, the dealer or VW should be able to tell why they went off. The car's ECU should have a record of events. They should easily be able to pinpoint exactly how it happened.

2003 Golf GTI 2 Door - Tornado Red 5-Speed m/t (Gone)
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbag, airbags