GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #29
nature boy
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 golf sportline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 141
no rear fog from the factory, and changing byte 18 is supposed to clear that up (that's why there is a rear fog option and non-fog option). i think i'll just change it back to 22 and hope for the best. if it is still on then whatever, at least the lights all work and look awesome lol.
nature boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #30
nature boy
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 golf sportline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 141
thanks for all the responses and help, especially carlos!
nature boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #31
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
questions about led tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature boy View Post
no rear fog from the factory, and changing byte 18 is supposed to clear that up (that's why there is a rear fog option and non-fog option). i think i'll just change it back to 22 and hope for the best. if it is still on then whatever, at least the lights all work and look awesome lol.


No thatís not correct! If you have a fog from factory your coding will be for rear fog and if you donít have rear fog from factory and set it to rear fog but donít have a fog switch it wonít work, if you started with two back up lights then fit a fog but no euro switch the fog will come on with reverse gear and trigger the error as it is led and there is no code that removes the errors for the backup lights, this I would say is your problem, get a euro switch and you can then code it to except the fog and not put voltage to it when in reverse.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Carlosfandango; 11-01-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #32
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
22 is for RHD so that will also throw a code!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #33
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
I think 15 is your code but you need a euro switch mod.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #34
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobbi View Post
I have the hallogen 2.5L and Im pretty sure I changed my code to 1F. It took out the bulb out error. But if you want to put LEDs for your reverse and turn signals i would check out DEAutoKEY. I have not purchased from them but a lot of people on this forum swear by them. I just used the regular lights for my turn and reverse.


Bingo...I got a 2011 and had all halogens. Replicas had a fog, my guy changed byte 18 to 1F and was able to get rid of all issues with any ledís. I had one reverse light and the fog was on before this was done. After the tweak I had no fog and 2 reverse. He did almost all the vagcom mods including auto lights off when ignition off. I never installed a euro switch and wonít need the fog in Jersey. DeAuto sells all canbus that work with these cars and theyíre covered for life. No brainer.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #35
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,679
That tape would be the deal breaker for me bro. Also nobody in theyíre right mind would sell OEM for $120 lol. IMO theyíre reps and somebody chopped them up and avoided spending money on the right equipment and or coding.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #36
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
Bingo...I got a 2011 and had all halogens. Replicas had a fog, my guy changed byte 18 to 1F and was able to get rid of all issues with any ledís. I had one reverse light and the fog was on before this was done. After the tweak I had no fog and 2 reverse. He did almost all the vagcom mods including auto lights off when ignition off. I never installed a euro switch and wonít need the fog in Jersey. DeAuto sells all canbus that work with these cars and theyíre covered for life. No brainer.


Did this mean the back up light and led fog came on together with reverse gear engaged? But no error?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #37
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
Did this mean the back up light and led fog came on together with reverse gear engaged? But no error?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Originally I had errors for the led tails including reverse and turn signals. Fog was always on unless I went in reverse. In reverse, the passenger side was on and not the fog. After I put it in drive, reverse off and fog came on.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #38
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
Originally I had errors for the led tails including reverse and turn signals. Fog was always on unless I went in reverse. In reverse, the passenger side was on and not the fog. After I put it in drive, reverse off and fog came on.


After the coding what does the fog do when in reverse gear? Is the fog a non removable LED?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #39
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
After the coding what does the fog do when in reverse gear? Is the fog a non removable LED?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No more fog. I have two reverse lights now. Fog was removable.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #40
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
No more fog. I have two reverse lights now. Fog was removable.


Ah, ok, I could be wrong but I think the OP said they have a sealed LED fog which (as Iím sure you are aware) would trigger an error using 1F as the reverse bulbs cannot be coded for LEDís, so I think in their case they would need to code for having a fog (15) and do the euro switch mod, or get another inner light cluster with a removable bulb and code (1F) as you have done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #41
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
Ah, ok, I could be wrong but I think the OP said they have a sealed LED fog which (as Iím sure you are aware) would trigger an error using 1F as the reverse bulbs cannot be coded for LEDís, so I think in their case they would need to code for having a fog (15) and do the euro switch mod, or get another inner light cluster with a removable bulb and code (1F) as you have done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thats correct. If itís sealed then a switch is needed. Not sure on the coding. I wish I knew more about vcds.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #42
Rickybobbi
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 210
I'm pretty sure when I got the lights they were with the fog but I never put a euro switch and trigger wire( I could care less about the fog light in the rear), just coded to 1F and problem solved. OP should try 1F, who knows it might just work and if it doesn't then just put it back to what it was before.
__________________
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.