GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
jordy6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Vw golf mk6 1.6 TDI
I want to lower my tdi

I need some advice with lowering my golf. I want to lower it with lowering spring. I would like to know how low I can go without rubbing, I'm ok with doing the fender screw mod but I don't want to start rolling my fenders. i don't want a slammed look it just needs to be cleaner. My wheels have maybe a few mm of poke but are basically flush with the fender.

I was thinking of lowering it about 20-30mm would that give any rubbing?

(Looks much higher than it actually is in this pic lol)

Last edited by jordy6; 11-01-2017 at 06:51 PM.
jordy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
I run the VWR springs on my GTI, which is around a 20mm drop and I have no rubbing or problems during winter.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
jordy6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Vw golf mk6 1.6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctre View Post
I run the VWR springs on my GTI, which is around a 20mm drop and I have no rubbing or problems during winter.
Thanks a GTI is stock lower so I can go a bit more than 20mm I guess.
I don't know how it works in other countries but the reason why I want to know it is because it has to be done by an official garage with all proper documents and it has to get through inspection afterwards which is not cheap to do so I want it all to be right the first time.
jordy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #4
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Keep in mind, springs are going to be a static drop and all performance springs are manufactured to mainly eliminate 'wheel gap.' That concept might not fair too well during your inspection, that said you might want to look at adjustable coilovers if passing that inspection is a concern.

Good luck!
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote