GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Phur's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: IN
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
I think the water hose is your best bet, blast him.


Then he would definitely scratch the shit out of my hood trying to get away. If I didnít have to worry about that I wouldíve hit the alarm button. I personally think that seeing that reaction would almost make it worth it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,675
If you know the neighbor just say something and then say if it happens again then youíll call animal control and have them remove the cat from your property.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #17
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Phur's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: IN
Posts: 660
Honestly one of the issues is that I do know the neighbors. I donít have issue with them. If I were to say something to them about it, what could they even ultimately do about it? Tell the cat not to do it? Then thereís weirdness with the neighbor. I just want to be left alone when Iím at home.

For whatever reason, dogs are supposed to be kept on a leash and contained but cats are just allowed to run free wherever they want tearing up whatever they want. I donít understand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #18
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver
 
whitewolf33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
If I were to say something to them about it, what could they even ultimately do about it? Tell the cat not to do it? Then thereís weirdness with the neighbor. I just want to be left alone when Iím at home.
exactly. they don't need to know. this is between you and the cat
__________________
Revo Stage 2 // ARM Catted DP // Neuspeed P Flo // DG Springs // Depo LED Tails // OEM Lip // 35% Tint // DeAutoLED's // Rokblokz // VAG
whitewolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 AM   #19
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
Honestly one of the issues is that I do know the neighbors. I donít have issue with them. If I were to say something to them about it, what could they even ultimately do about it? Tell the cat not to do it? Then thereís weirdness with the neighbor. I just want to be left alone when Iím at home.

For whatever reason, dogs are supposed to be kept on a leash and contained but cats are just allowed to run free wherever they want tearing up whatever they want. I donít understand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dad who worked in many cities as city manager etc actually told me there is an ordinance that cats can't be owned like a dog because of their free willed nature. He's pretty old now though not sure if that's still true.

Edit: ok after some research cats are considered property but are still free to roam to a point and don't need to be leashed. As long as they aren't causing damage etc in which case you could seek recourse from the owner granted you knew who the onwer was and could prove it was their cat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!

Last edited by Boscogn; 11-05-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:44 AM   #20
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Phur's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: IN
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
My dad who worked in many cities as city manager etc actually told me there is an ordinance that cats can't be owned like a dog because of their free willed nature. He's pretty old now though not sure if that's still true.

Edit: ok after some research cats are considered property but are still free to roam to a point and don't need to be leashed. As long as they aren't causing damage etc in which case you could seek recourse from the owner granted you knew who the onwer was and could prove it was their cat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


The problem lies in the fact that most people donít give two shits about their belongings and my entire family is OCD as hell and notices every imperfection in pretty much anything. Everyone else would say that there is no issue. A cat sitting on the hood of my beloved car that I just spent two days detailing is a fucking problem. But the general public just sees it as I am being unreasonable and I am nuts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #21
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Phur's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: IN
Posts: 660
If Iím honest, I wish that all of my neighbors animals would find themselves no longer among the living...

Is that so wrong?
Like I said, I just want to be left alone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:54 AM   #22
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver
 
sterkrazzy's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 gti
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 1,955
I'd be mad too. I swear every time I wash my car something crawls on it. I get these weird spots of dirt that look like tracks, but there's never been any damage to the paint and I've never actually seen anything crawling on it. I feel like it has to be from a cat because otherwise I have no idea how dirt is getting on my car like that.
__________________
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:03 AM   #23
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
The problem lies in the fact that most people donít give two shits about their belongings and my entire family is OCD as hell and notices every imperfection in pretty much anything. Everyone else would say that there is no issue. A cat sitting on the hood of my beloved car that I just spent two days detailing is a fucking problem. But the general public just sees it as I am being unreasonable and I am nuts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel u. Those little fuckers like leaving foot prints all over way worse than water spots

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #24
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
I feel u. Those little fuckers like leaving foot prints all over way worse than water spots

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You need to somehow get the cat to accociate being near ur car as negative I would try the animal replent recommendations.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:11 AM   #25
Carlosfandango
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Carlosfandango's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
The problem lies in the fact that most people donít give two shits about their belongings and my entire family is OCD as hell and notices every imperfection in pretty much anything. Everyone else would say that there is no issue. A cat sitting on the hood of my beloved car that I just spent two days detailing is a fucking problem. But the general public just sees it as I am being unreasonable and I am nuts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Maybe get a car cover if youíre OCD, cats claws retract, I canít imagine how it is doing any damage TBH! Itís just a cat, I wish I had so little to worry about that this would be an issue!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver
 
notovicrious's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
The problem lies in the fact that most people donít give two shits about their belongings and my entire family is OCD as hell and notices every imperfection in pretty much anything. Everyone else would say that there is no issue. A cat sitting on the hood of my beloved car that I just spent two days detailing is a fucking problem. But the general public just sees it as I am being unreasonable and I am nuts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Dude Iím in that boat with you. Kill the fucker and be at ease knowing it will NEVER touch your shit again. Fuck your neighbor too. Just my thoughts.
notovicrious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #27
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion
 
zrickety's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GA 31015
Posts: 4,959
If it was a Porsche, I could understand. You have a mass produced car that's basically 5 years old now. I have a bit of the OCD myself, but I gave up on my GTI looking perfect a long time ago. Chips, dents, scratches are all in your future.
The cat is winning lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
He's a real straight shooter, no monkey business, and the wheel swap at the Kohl's parking lot was quick and easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #28
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver
 
whitewolf33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
The cat is winning lol.
you cant let the cat win lol. Its the principal of the matter. I'm very OCD and take very good care of all of my belongings. It doesn't matter the value of what it being damaged, if my property is being damaged, I put an end to it. I think killing the cat is a little extreme but I would make it so that cat never wanted to jump on my car ever again. I would skip sound repellents. Large sized sticky traps like they use for mice? something to that affect.
__________________
Revo Stage 2 // ARM Catted DP // Neuspeed P Flo // DG Springs // Depo LED Tails // OEM Lip // 35% Tint // DeAutoLED's // Rokblokz // VAG
whitewolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.