GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #43
Phur
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
If it was a Porsche, I could understand. You have a mass produced car that's basically 5 years old now. I have a bit of the OCD myself, but I gave up on my GTI looking perfect a long time ago. Chips, dents, scratches are all in your future.
The cat is winning lol.

So what is the buy-in to own something that deserves to be shown respect? Does it have to be a $100,000 car that they only made 10 of. This means that I shouldn’t care if it gets fucked up?

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dollar value or rarity do not equal what a possession means to someone. I have seen 1980s Buicks for instance, totally not my kind of car, and thought “Damn, nice car.” simply because it was obvious how much it meant to the owner by how incredibly well it was maintained, and I can appreciate that. Am I alone in this thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #44
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
So what is the buy-in to own something that deserves to be shown respect? Does it have to be a $100,000 car that they only made 10 of. This means that I shouldn’t care if it gets fucked up?

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dollar value or rarity do not equal what a possession means to someone. I have seen 1980s Buicks for instance, totally not my kind of car, and thought “Damn, nice car.” simply because it was obvious how much it meant to the owner by how incredibly well it was maintained, and I can appreciate that. Am I alone in this thought?

You’re not alone bro, this thread got super soft. Good luck with the jerkoff cat.
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #45
Tyler12108
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:

Dusty paw prints isn't exactly "fucked up", I think what most of us here are trying to say is that if you're gonna treat your gti like a garage queen, then maybe you should get a cover or live somewhere with a garage in the future if little things like this bother you so much.

You're not alone in thinking that an older car that is well maintained looks nice. In fact, a cover will keep it looking nicer in the long run anyways if you're keeping it outdoors in the elements. Even the sun can take it's toll over time.
Tyler12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #46
Pre95
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 10 GTI DSG, 83 URQ
Quote:

If you care this much about the aesthetics of your possession invest in what's needed to protect it from environmental elements such as wildlife.
Pre95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #47
Phur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler12108 View Post
Dusty paw prints isn't exactly "fucked up", I think what most of us here are trying to say is that if you're gonna treat your gti like a garage queen, then maybe you should get a cover or live somewhere with a garage in the future if little things like this bother you so much.

You're not alone in thinking that an older car that is well maintained looks nice. In fact, a cover will keep it looking nicer in the long run anyways if you're keeping it outdoors in the elements. Even the sun can take it's toll over time.

I agree that I need a garage. In my future home it is an absolute necessity. It simply is not a possibility right now. I disagree about the cover. I feel that while you may be shielding it from the sun, you are also dragging particulate over the clearcoat every time that you put it on and take it off. Also you can trap in moisture, causing more damage.

I want a garage for protection from environmental factors. I do not feel that my neighbors animal boarders classify as an environmental factor that I should have to endure.

I will be definitely be looking into some rosemary, and perhaps every time I see the cat approach the area of my car, set off the alarm. I have tried ultrasonic repellents in other applications without much results but won’t rule this out.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #48
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I see what you're saying, but I just think it's impossible to keep it nice as a daily driver. The nice older cars are garage queens, no doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #49
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Wow......I can't believe the irrational thought process of some of you, all over a cat sitting on your car.
You do realize, don't you both, that just by DRIVING your car you get more $hit on it than an army of cats could do? Why don't you leave your damn car in the driveway and just look at it instead of driving it, if you're so worried about dust and dirt. And cat claws retract, it's not going to hurt your bloody paint job. Gawd. You're probably someone that we're going to end up seeing on the evening news.

''Dude shoots all his neighbors, because of their cats.''
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #50
alpha3
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Similar case in point...........I live on a lake. It's full of ducks. Muscovy ducks. I really hate Muscovy ducks. Their lives consist of two things: Eating, and $hitting. Thats ALL they do. They mostly stay on the lake, but they do take walks sometimes, usually down the sidewalk and up my driveway, crapping huge yellow-green blobs as they walk. I don't go for a gun, or machete, or other lethal weapon. They're ducks, that's what they do. I get out my hose, put the nozzle on it, and hit the duck full blast with the water. Some of them like it at first, but they soon move away pretty quick from the water pressure. And then I hose off the driveway. No artillery or killing needed.
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #51
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha3 View Post
Similar case in point...........I live on a lake. It's full of ducks. Muscovy ducks. I really hate Muscovy ducks. Their lives consist of two things: Eating, and $hitting. Thats ALL they do. They mostly stay on the lake, but they do take walks sometimes, usually down the sidewalk and up my driveway, crapping huge yellow-green blobs as they walk. I don't go for a gun, or machete, or other lethal weapon. They're ducks, that's what they do. I get out my hose, put the nozzle on it, and hit the duck full blast with the water. Some of them like it at first, but they soon move away pretty quick from the water pressure. And then I hose off the driveway. No artillery or killing needed.
I'd give them something to eat like alka-selzer then watch the fireworks. /s

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #52
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
a nice bowl of milk + anitfreeze
Old 11-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #53
Phur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
I see what you're saying, but I just think it's impossible to keep it nice as a daily driver. The nice older cars are garage queens, no doubt.

It’s not impossible, it just takes care and dedication. Most guys that are that into cars aesthetically would never own a home without a garage. I never imagined actually being able to have a car as nice as this. (Yeah, I know, it’s not a Porsche) I bought my home when I was 19. I work, my wife stays home. I paid it off a few years ago. My son and I both are getting ready to go to college next year so I need to pay for that. Then I will be looking to move away wherever he ends up going and that house will have I fucking EPIC garage. Guaranteed.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #54
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Does nobody watch the youtubes? Cucumbers my man, get some fucking cucumbers and put them around your car.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • F23T is still kicking...for now
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #55
Carlosfandango

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...actly-why.html

Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #56
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Threads like this serve as a reminder that psychopaths exist everywhere and in plain sight. Could be your neighbors.

Perm-Banning everyone that talks about harming animals on this thread after this comment. ye be warned.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote