GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New tires - Priority is treadwear and sound

rpandresen

Ready to race!
I live in NC and don't I'll be encountering much snow so these are gonna be on my car year round. I want a tire that will last a long time (current Nitto Motivos might not make it to 40k) and not be loud.

Thoughts?

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Those Motivos have a 60 month / 60,000 mile tread warranty. You might want to consider just getting another set pro-rated, as there isn't really anything with a higher treadwear rating in a stock GTI size.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Those Motivos have a 60 month / 60,000 mile tread warranty. You might want to consider just getting another set pro-rated, as there isn't really anything with a higher treadwear rating in a stock GTI size.

Yeah thus my disappointment. I've heard the odds of getting anything prorated is basically nil. You have to have written records documenting each rotation, etc and they must be exactly in line with Nitto requirements. I don't have those records.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You don't go directly thru Nitto...the tire shop should do it all & I'd be going back to where I purchased them.
You must, at least, have a receipt showing when (and the mileage) they were installed....right?

Example...I had some General tires I bought from Discount Tire and went back & told them the treadlife sucked on them a year later. They measured them & I told them the mileage they put it all in the computer & it generated a (pro rated) credit and then I was able to use that towards some Conti DWS tires instead

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Michelin Pilot super sports have a 30k tread warranty and the new Conti Pro Contacts have a 30k warranty too i think.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
You don't go directly thru Nitto...the tire shop should do it all & I'd be going back to where I purchased them.
You must, at least, have a receipt showing when (and the mileage) they were installed....right?

Example...I had some General tires I bought from Discount Tire and went back & told them the treadlife sucked on them a year later. They measured them & I told them the mileage they put it all in the computer & it generated a (pro rated) credit and then I was able to use that towards some Conti DWS tires instead

I'll give this a try when I'm home for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the heads-up!