GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #29
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Both use a spherical bearing and both are very similar in design. The largest differentiator is the ARP bolts with the ARP mount. ARP bolts are expensive, hence why the APR is more expensive. Not sure how you could otherwise come to a different conclusion.

I noticed 0 difference in NVH after replacing my dogbone with the 034 piece, and I already had VWR subframe pucks/034 mounts in place. It's a small bushing--replacing it is not going to have any huge effect on NVH regardless of what you choose.
i can see a difference just in bearing orientation.. just visual inspection one coul allow north south travel while the other could allow more east west travel.. Other then that yes they both use spherical bearings. 034 being a "Aurora Spherical Bearing " and APR being a "PTFE-lined spherical bearing". The difference between both bearing or whether they are the same i honestly cant tell you. APR comes with all 3 bolts use in replacement and they are ARP bolts. 034 only comes with 2 transmission bolts and you would need to buy a new stretch bolt for the mounting to the sub-frame.
Both are Billet Aluminum construction. 034 is T6-6061 APR does not list what class aluminum it uses.

But there are some difference the biggest being the mounting orientation of the bearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #30
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
i can see a difference just in bearing orientation.. just visual inspection one coul allow north south travel while the other could allow more east west travel..
But there are some difference the biggest being the mounting orientation of the bearing.
Point well taken, fair enough
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #31
Roh Echt
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2007 MKV GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
The insert is only for stock dogbone pucks which have big gaps to allow for movement and to minimize vibration (comfort over stiffness). Shoving the insert in those gaps helps minimize movement.

The 034 dogbones are solid no gaps, stiffer rubber and no place for an insert. (stiffness over comfort).

As mentioned my next upgrade will be the Motorsport engine and trans mount (Even more stiffness over comfort) along with the dogbone (pendulum) arm which contains a spherical bearing instead of something pliable. (Even more control but less comfort)

Moving a number of suspension parts from poly to spherical bearings as well all of which will contribute to NVH but improve handline and response.
I didn't know, and didn't give it enough thought that the 034 pendulum insert meant: https://store.034motorsport.com/bill...udi-tt-a3.html

I thought he was saying he pulled out the pucks, included in the 034 mount kit, in order to save his oem pendulum. So, why it seemed like a lot to do to save that oem pendulum. But still, I would've left the 034 insert in and trusted the oem pendulum.
`07 GTI/GIAC K04 files/AWE DV/APR HPFP/TTRS LPFP/Torqbyte PM3/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/TechtonicsTuning TB/2.25" Turbo Outlet/BSH MOUNT's/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/GIAC DSG Tune/13.2BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH

Last edited by Roh Echt; 12-02-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Roh Echt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #32
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roh Echt View Post
I didn't know, and didn't give it enough thought that the 034 pendulum insert meant: https://store.034motorsport.com/bill...udi-tt-a3.html

I thought he was saying he pulled out the pucks, included in the 034 mount kit, in order to save his oem pendulum. So, why it seemed like a lot to do to save that oem pendulum. But still, I would've left the 034 insert in and trusted the oem pendulum.
I've simply heard of the OEM dogbone breaking several times, so I was trying to leave that area stock for now, or until I can afford the 034 or whichever
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #33
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
The APR doggone follows the MK7 doggone engineering change. The MK6 design, in some instances either breaks or can strip the bolt out of the trans case.

APR doggone, spherical bearings pressed out, SuperPro bushings pressed in
VWR full subframe mount kit
034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #34
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
The APR doggone follows the MK7 doggone engineering change. The MK6 design, in some instances either breaks or can strip the bolt out of the trans case.

034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount
I swear, this car has more sh*t to replace, it's just ridiculous.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #35
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
I swear, this car has more sh*t to replace, it's just ridiculous.
you mean there are a lot of things to upgrade?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #36
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
I've simply heard of the OEM dogbone breaking several times, so I was trying to leave that area stock for now, or until I can afford the 034 or whichever
Yep it's a real weak point. Especially when people put stiff subframe pucks/inserts in and leave the dogbone stock. That's typically what does them in.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #37
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Yep it's a real weak point. Especially when people put stiff subframe pucks/inserts in and leave the dogbone stock. That's typically what does them in.
This is me lol. Hasn't broken yet. But I've got the upper and lower VWR subframe mounts, and the street density 034 engine/tranny mounts with stock pendulum. I want the APR pendulum probably in the spring.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #38
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
you mean there are a lot of things to upgrade?
Yes, I've known there were a lot, but it just seems like the list grows all the time. For right now, I have to solve high rpm misfires which is likely carbon needing to be clean but I just don't want to do the job.... not payingv 500.00 for it either though so no choice
Old 12-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #39
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Yes, I've known there were a lot, but it just seems like the list grows all the time. For right now, I have to solve high rpm misfires which is likely carbon needing to be clean but I just don't want to do the job.... not payingv 500.00 for it either though so no choice
Lucky. A shop near me quoted $800+ to walnut blast and re-seal the injectors I think?

I'll need to find a more reasonable price sometime in the next year or so. My car is at 85k miles and I've owned it since 45k. I haven't done the cleaning and not sure if it has been done in the past. No misfiring issues just yet.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #40
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Lucky. A shop near me quoted $800+ to walnut blast and re-seal the injectors I think?

I'll need to find a more reasonable price sometime in the next year or so. My car is at 85k miles and I've owned it since 45k. I haven't done the cleaning and not sure if it has been done in the past. No misfiring issues just yet.
I have a lot of 1/2 mile drives in my car, even though I've used the sprays and gotten induction cleaning done before, I'm pretty sure it might be ready to be cleaned.... I'm at 45k now. Mileage is down pretty low, feels like a miss here and there, the high rpm misfires, all point to that being a potential culprit.

Oh I've been quoted more, but a nother place said 500 to walnut blast, but idk if that included injector seals or anything.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:33 AM   #41
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 12 Beetle Turbo
Quote:

034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount
Hey Ryan what’s they advantage of pressing out the spherical bearing for the SuperPro? Reduce noise?

I have same mount setup as you but with VT subframe pucks instead of VWR.
Chris659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #42
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris659 View Post
Hey Ryan what’s they advantage of pressing out the spherical bearing for the SuperPro? Reduce noise?

I have same mount setup as you but with VT subframe pucks instead of VWR.
Spherical bearings on the street are never going to last long, I feel companies choose this option for inevitable replacement or recurring sales. With a true subframe mount solution like VWR or VT, a spherical bearing may be too much. For me, I wanted the upgraded engineering design and chose to use trusted SuperPro bushings.