GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #43
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6'12gti View Post
Lol so just because it says hybrid makes it a hybrid? Makes sense... not really. Says right in the description its made to oem standards.
Then I guess they shouldn't call it a hybrid and call it a k04 spec turbo right? Not my fault they didn't get the title right.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #44
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
Then I guess they shouldn't call it a hybrid and call it a k04 spec turbo right? Not my fault they didn't get the title right.
I agree, the title is misleading. I guess they are trying to be transparent in saying that it is not an OEM spec BW turbo but they used the wrong word to describe it lol.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #45
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 12 Beetle Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
I also believe that 355HP number was done on a stock Gli with their aftermarket intake manifold.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/images/K04-SQUARE.jpg

Not positive if that test Gli had an exhaust or intake or intercooler
Correct! This was their turbo and intake manifold but apparently on stock intercooler, exhaust (don't think it had dp either) and stock intercooler pipes. Can't remember if it had an intake system or not

I use their turbo, manifold, and tune (motor and DSG) for a year now and have been really happy with it

Car has been in the shop for a few weeks now but I finally get to pick it up tomorrow! Just got mounts and lsd done

Got a coupon for a free dyno run from a local company so as long as there's no catches to that hopefully I'll be getting the car dynoed soon 😁
Chris659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #46
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris659 View Post
Correct! This was their turbo and intake manifold but apparently on stock intercooler, exhaust (don't think it had dp either) and stock intercooler pipes. Can't remember if it had an intake system or not

I use their turbo, manifold, and tune (motor and DSG) for a year now and have been really happy with it

Car has been in the shop for a few weeks now but I finally get to pick it up tomorrow! Just got mounts and lsd done

Got a coupon for a free dyno run from a local company so as long as there's no catches to that hopefully I'll be getting the car dynoed soon 😁
Thats awesome! Let us know the results should you get it dyno'ed!
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #47
avni
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6
Alittle off topic BUT

Could I buy the CTS K04 turbo kit and use stage 3 APR tune ?
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #48
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
Alittle off topic BUT

Could you, sure. Would it run like crap, yes. APR stage 3 is a big turbo tune built for a GTX28/30 system.
You would want to run APR k04 Tune if you are gonna use a k04 turbo....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #49
danman1280
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 MK GTI K04
Hey everyone, thought i'd give an update... So Alfonso is wanting to review my logs and am putting him in contact with the guy that did the turbo installation.
danman1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #50
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
Alittle off topic BUT

Don't get a stage 3 tune man lol, go custom if you don't want ots k04
Old 11-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #51
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1280 View Post
Hey everyone, thought i'd give an update... So Alfonso is wanting to review my logs and am putting him in contact with the guy that did the turbo installation.
Good deal man, if the numbers are not reading low from that particular dyno, they will get you straight.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #52
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
APR is the most aggressive, yet all the top times are run by GIAC? You don't know wtf you're actually talking about. I'm telling you now that I spoke with them DIRECTLY and they told me they can make adjustments.
I don't know why you keep bringing up 1/4 mile times...the OP isn't looking to set a quick 1/4 mile. All he's looking for is to make 300+whp. Unless there is a small issue causing a small power loss (or an adjustment needed) he's going to need to either add meth and run the GIAC race file or switch tuning companies. Why that's so hard for you to understand beats me
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #53
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Because you make 300hp at like 6000rpm. Meaning unless he is in some performance driving situation, it will just be a bragging right.
My car made 325whp but my k04 is pnp. Besides that the number is just a number.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #54
danman1280
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 MK GTI K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Because you make 300hp at like 6000rpm. Meaning unless he is in some performance driving situation, it will just be a bragging right.
My car made 325whp but my k04 is pnp. Besides that the number is just a number.

Or I could just want 300whp.
danman1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #55
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
I don't know why you keep bringing up 1/4 mile times...the OP isn't looking to set a quick 1/4 mile. All he's looking for is to make 300+whp. Unless there is a small issue causing a small power loss (or an adjustment needed) he's going to need to either add meth and run the GIAC race file or switch tuning companies. Why that's so hard for you to understand beats me
1/4 trap speed is one of the best ways to show real actual hp...not a dyno. Again, you don't know wtf you're talking about and are arguing for the sake of it.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #56
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
1/4 trap speed is one of the best ways to show real actual hp...not a dyno.
lol no it's not...put two stage 2 GTI's next to each other with the same engine mods/tune... then take one car and throw drag slicks on and strip the interior...both make the same power but hmm I wonder which one is going to put down a faster time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Besides that the number is just a number.

^^ This.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote