GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #15
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozman22 View Post
Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After some internet searching. Pumps fail when they are hot. So the warmer temps is what causes failing pumps to have more problems however if the pump was failing i would think it might fire up but then sputter out and die at some point if left idling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #16
Cbozman22
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2010 gti
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: El Paso
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
After some internet searching. Pumps fail when they are hot. So the warmer temps is what causes failing pumps to have more problems however if the pump was failing i would think it might fire up but then sputter out and die at some point if left idling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


It kind of does want to occasionally I have to give it gas when I start it to get it to fire up all the way



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cbozman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #17
Cbozman22
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2010 gti
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: El Paso
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozman22 View Post
It kind of does want to occasionally I have to give it gas when I start it to get it to fire up all the way



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Probably going to try the fuel pump when I get some money and see what that does


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cbozman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozman22 View Post
Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Filter is easy diy if u haven't replaced in the last 50k miles I'd replace it anyways. Just know if u open the driver side door that primes the pump so you'll get a face full of gas if ur not careful. I always wait over night then without opening driver car door replace filter I use a gas can to collect gas then pour it back into tank.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #19
Cbozman22
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2010 gti
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: El Paso
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
Filter is easy diy if u haven't replaced in the last 50k miles I'd replace it anyways. Just know if u open the driver side door that primes the pump so you'll get a face full of gas if ur not careful. I always wait over night then without opening driver car door replace filter I use a gas can to collect gas then pour it back into tank.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


Iíll give it a try thanks for the tips


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cbozman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozman22 View Post
Probably going to try the fuel pump when I get some money and see what that does


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I'm correct this would be the low pressure pump not the high pressure.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #21
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion
 
Boscogn's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozman22 View Post
Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just found this though
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91078
__________________
Wish List: Golf R InterCooler | Unitronic or IE CAI | P3 Air Vent Boost Gauge | 034 Motorsports RSB
NOTE: Please PM me if you are selling anything in my wishlist! Also check out my Build Thread!
Boscogn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.