GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #43
markus037
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
i guess i would too. i just need to mod it to fall in love again. i really need to get it tuned and im sure ill be happy once again. my car is a base and i wish i had the steering wheel controls and xenons. i have no regrets with the dsg. its nice in the morning when im feeling lazy and dont feel like shifting but i have the option if i feel like it.
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #44
omer333
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 VW GTI - Black and Plaid
Yes, because it would still be cheaper to maintain than a used Porsche Cayanne Turbo.
omer333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #45
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
I would do it again but DSG not manual. I'd probably never buy a golf R, I've owned a few awd cars and they are great but I love FWD and the way they drive, that's just me though.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #46
BlueE30
Autocross Champion

Drives: 10' TR GTI 6M and an E30 325 Turbo
I would too but like the guy above, would probably go DSG if I were to do it again. Have supporting mods and a downpipe for stage 2 but my clutch is fine on stage 1 and not interested in spending $1500-$2000 (CDN) on a clutch. Might go for an MK7 in the near future, 4dr, DSG... just moved houses and the GTI was amazing with the seats down, so much room to pack it full which made me fall in love with it again.
2010 TR GTI APR Stage 1 Fully Loaded, APR Carbonio, R8 coils, Rotiform 19's, Koni Coilovers, CTS subframe reinforcement kit, CTS Billet Torque Arm Insert, CTS rear subframe bushing kit, LED Golf R Tail Lights, Xenon Headlights, VCDS changes (DRL's, windows, gauge sweep, etc) and timing chain tensioner updated!
1987 BMW E30 325 Turbo - Too extensive to list.
BlueE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:25 PM   #47
Fast505
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI 4Dr 6MT
From a monetary standpoint, no. Bought my GTI used in 2013 for $19K. Had under 20K miles. At the time I didn't think I would mod at all but that lasted a month maybe. Then, it went downhill from there like many of us and now it's a money pit. Do I enjoy driving it? Yup, except for the shitty NGP coilovers that are too harsh even at reasonable ride height. From a "fun project" standpoint, it has been equally rewarding and frustrating. All in all, a good experience thus far but I gotta say that new Mustang GT put a spell on me.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #48
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Would have gone straight to K04. Otherwise, everything else would be the same.
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | Fluidampr| OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | TT-RS Brakes | Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #49
demon_larry
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: GTI csg
Yep, Id totally do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
demon_larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #50
cbenjes
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI TR 4Dr w/ Sunroof
No doubt. This is the best car I've ever owned. I'm at 155K miles and it runs and drives great. I've been APR Stage 1 since it had 20K miles. Other than brakes, tires, filters and a carbon clean, I've only had to replace the intake manifold (under warranty), turbo at 142K miles, the timing chain tensioner (preventative) and the radiator. I still am on the original water pump, although now that I have said that, I probably have a puddle of coolant under the car right now!! I consistently get 30 mpg and with the help of Adams Polishes and Chemical Guys products, it still looks great.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #51
Desertnate
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI Drivers Edition
I absolutely would do it again. I bought out my lease, so that should be a good sign of how much I like the car. I wanted to own a GTI for over 25 years, so I'm living out a long time wish.

At this time my only regret is I waited so long to get a lighter set of wheels and summer tires. That one mod alone made a big difference, and renewed my enthusiasm for driving my GTI.

I really miss driving a RWD performance car, and will again someday, but for now the GTI is the perfect match for where I'm at in life.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #52
Philimon
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
No. I would get a tdi, then when the buybacks come, get a mkvii.
Philimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #53
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
My only regret was not waiting for an R or a GTI with sunroof option. I got everything else when i bought it used but every summer I curse not having one. That.... and I really wish I went ko4 before i got engaged. Got married. Baby on the way. Wife looking for bigger house... wants me to get slushbox and 4 doors but it aint gonna happen lo
Old 12-30-2017, 10:06 PM   #54
ferrariF60
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 TR 2DR GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
My only regret was not waiting for an R or a GTI with sunroof option. I got everything else when i bought it used but every summer I curse not having one. That.... and I really wish I went ko4 before i got engaged. Got married. Baby on the way. Wife looking for bigger house... wants me to get slushbox and 4 doors but it aint gonna happen lo
there's your problem mate....i see a Minivan coming your way in your forseeable future....lololol
2010 TR GTI 6MT: APR Stage 1 ECU | APR carbonio | HS Tuning RSR Clutch | Red DB Mount Insert | Neuspeed Charge and Discharge Pipes | Neuspeed Cat Back | GFB DV+ | H&R Sport Springs | S3 Shifter & 42DD Aluminum Bushings | OEM Golf R LED Tails | Golf R Side Skirts | OEM Front Lip | H&R 12-15mm spacers | PIAA Ion Yellow Fogs | Aspherical Mirrors |
ferrariF60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #55
Blakcard
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariF60 View Post
there's your problem mate....i see a Minivan coming your way in your forseeable future....lololol
Unless VeeDub makes a mini van the size of a 3dr GTI......not gonna happen
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #56
evo v
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2009 Audi A3
I did it (well almost). I have 2009 Audi A3 fwd with DSG. It is with 232 000 miles now. I bought salvaged 2012 manual 2dr GTI with a plan to rebuild it and give it to my 16yr old daughter. She is not big fan of the manual so she is taking over the A3 and I'm going back to the VW club.
evo v is offline   Reply With Quote