GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
Flamingti27
Touring Car Newbie
 
Flamingti27's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Best catback

What catback are you guys running? i have an oem catback connected to an armed motorsports hi flow catted downpipe for reference.
Flamingti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #2
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver
 
nvturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,378
custom

paid less than $200 and have no regrets.
__________________
....used to own a MK6 GTI
nvturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
Flamingti27
Touring Car Newbie
 
Flamingti27's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
custom



paid less than $200 and have no regrets.
What are the specs on yours? 3inch? Any resonators?


2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....
Flamingti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver
 
nvturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,378
2.5 from DP end all the way back. Can't recall which muffler because it was the shop's brand.

* no highway drone
* no leaks
* no raspy sound
* no resonator

I'm running a catless DP as well.
__________________
....used to own a MK6 GTI
nvturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #5
Flamingti27
Touring Car Newbie
 
Flamingti27's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
2.5 from DP end all the way back. Can't recall which muffler because it was the shop's brand.



* no highway drone

* no leaks

* no raspy sound

* no resonator



I'm running a catless DP as well.


Any vids? Im really going for a nice exotic deep tone Id say


2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....
Flamingti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #6
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver
 
nvturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,378
Sorry I don't. Let me try to upload some pics...
__________________
....used to own a MK6 GTI
nvturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Flamingti27
Touring Car Newbie
 
Flamingti27's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
Sorry I don't. Let me try to upload some pics...


Thatd be greatly appreciated man


2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....
Flamingti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,933
I have beluga racing. It was ~$500 for the turbo back. The cat-back itself i think is like ~$350.
I rode around a couple months only catback and it was nice. Mated perfectly to stock DP. It has 2 mufflers, not sure the brand didnt really look. But it had a deeper tone yet quiet when not on it to much. With just the catback i could get some pops and gurgles if i tried (more so when i wasnt trying lol) The catback by itself was no drone it was just deeper/ a little more basey.

When i put the downpipe on (catless non resonated(so straight pipe)) it gave me lots of pops and gurgle. a good deep idle tone but not to much just enough to know its not stock, cold starts the deep tone its more noticeable. When getting on it and ripping the gears it is loud AF and quite basey but just cruising it has a deep tone not raspy or basey. When you get on it though i will admit it probably would be to basey/vibrationy for some people i dont mind it. I only started to really notice highway drone at about 75-80mph. It isnt to bad until about 85mph+ then its can be a little annoying.
With your catted downpipe though this would probably not be so basey or have as much vibrations as the cat will cut down on that some. Im basically straight piped until the mufflers at the end. Their catback is 2.5" and mates to stock downpipe so as long as your downpipe mates to the stock catback they will be compatible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #9
Flamingti27
Touring Car Newbie
 
Flamingti27's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I have beluga racing. It was ~$500 for the turbo back. The cat-back itself i think is like ~$350.
I rode around a couple months only catback and it was nice. Mated perfectly to stock DP. It has 2 mufflers, not sure the brand didnt really look. But it had a deeper tone yet quiet when not on it to much. With just the catback i could get some pops and gurgles if i tried (more so when i wasnt trying lol) The catback by itself was no drone it was just deeper/ a little more basey.

When i put the downpipe on (catless non resonated(so straight pipe)) it gave me lots of pops and gurgle. a good deep idle tone but not to much just enough to know its not stock, cold starts the deep tone its more noticeable. When getting on it and ripping the gears it is loud AF and quite basey but just cruising it has a deep tone not raspy or basey. When you get on it though i will admit it probably would be to basey/vibrationy for some people i dont mind it. I only started to really notice highway drone at about 75-80mph. It isnt to bad until about 85mph+ then its can be a little annoying.
With your catted downpipe though this would probably not be so basey or have as much vibrations as the cat will cut down on that some. Im basically straight piped until the mufflers at the end. Their catback is 2.5" and mates to stock downpipe so as long as your downpipe mates to the stock catback they will be compatible.


Thanks man! I do want a deeper tone more than anything and I️t sounds like to me your setup does that. I could possibly cut out the cat and get the bass sound and more pops and gurgles ?


2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....
Flamingti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #10
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Noodle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 413
get a resonator delete if you want to sound like a tractor. thats what I did lol
__________________
'13 Gti Mk6 Wolfsburg Edition - 6 Speed -Stratified stage 2 - Resonator Delete - Led Tails - Apr Carbonio Intake - Short Shifter + Bushings - Arm Motorsports Catted Downpipe - Dv+- Other stuff

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver
 
dafuture's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,400
Best Catback is Neuspeed. Pricey, but no question there.
__________________
My Build
dafuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,976
I have a 3" eurojet turboback. I love it but do wish it was a little louder.


Also have a almost new awe track catback for sale if anyone in chicago happens to see this...
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
CHerna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I have a 3" eurojet turboback. I love it but do wish it was a little louder.


Also have a almost new awe track catback for sale if anyone in chicago happens to see this...
x2

I have the Eurojet TBE. I love it.
__________________
2012 Golf GTI 2 Door - DBP - 6-Speed M/T
| Stratified Tuned | Eurojet TBE | Integrated Engineering Stage 2 CAI | R8 Coil-Packs | GFB DV+ | BC Racing BR Series Coil-Overs | Rotiform KPS | OEM Lagunas | Nitto NT555 G2 |
IG: @MightyCarlitos
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
avni
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: MK6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: BRONX
Posts: 94
I have APR DP on stage 2 tune

SHIT SOUNDS GREAT
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.