GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 12-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
TaHoE
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2014 GTI
Dual Yellow/White LED Foglights

Hey folks,

Just starting to do some mild modifications to the GTI. I am looking to essentially create a sleeper GTI, when parked, you would have no clue there were any mods done, but in motion, a whole different story. I have added LEDs for the rear license plate area, and I have got deAuto Key LEDs for the rear backup lights. I was looking for headlights, but for now I have purchased deAuto Key LEDs for the DRL/High Beam until I figure out which aftermarket headlight I want to get (Suggestions welcome) or if I want to leave the housing stock and just upgrade bulbs.

Anyway... I found these online, and I was wondering if you all think they would trigger a bulb out error:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

They sound pretty clever actually. 6K white, 3K off, can be switched between colors by turning them on and off. 12volts / 38 watts rating.

I appreciate your help guys! Just starting off here, so I tried to search the forums first before I asked my question
TaHoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Have never seen anyone else running those but great idea i wouldnt mind trying a set myself!
Old 01-04-2018, 02:41 AM   #3
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
First, thanks for the support, we appreciate it, we are only posting to help guide you but at the end you can make your own decision and not saying otherwise.

But, we have seen these and found they are not a clean white and the yellow is not a hyper yellow, the brightness is not there either for many that want a real fog that can shine past the headlights.

These are also a very cheap COB that are not the best or most reliable and most likely why they are only offering a 6 month warranty on them. COB stands for "chip on board" - this is the term used when they are using many random/no brand LED diodes. Somehow, COB was advertised by a few companies like it was a CREE, OSRAM, or Philips branded chip set but due to forums and more informed customers "COB" is not advertised as prominently any longer.

These are maybe a decent gimmick type setup at best if you have the time to waste installing them, but we are not putting down that specific brand, only pointing out some things we noticed and saw from these dual color fogs.

At the end we suggest buying a higher end very bright fog and either leaving it white or adding lamin-x to make it yellow.

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
How pimp would this be if u could code white light for drl or cornering and yellow for fog.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk