GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
wudini
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2014 MKVI GTI Drivers Edition
Send a message via ICQ to wudini Send a message via AIM to wudini
my glove box hates cold weather.

Does anyone else have an issue with the latch on their glove box sticking inside the glove box door when it's cold? I usually have to pry it out with a knife or something to get it to pop back out, then pray it latches. car is a 14 GTI
Old 01-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
If you screw the screw too tight that holds in the handle u can't open it. Not sure if that's related or not. I hate the latch tho I'd rather have a red pull strap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
What really sucks is when the latch breaks. I had that happen on my mk4. I went to open the glovebox and the latch just popped right off. For a while I was able to open it by sticking my fingers in the hole and I could figure out what I need to do to open it. Then one day all that stuff inside there broke and I couldn't open my glovebox at all anymore. Then on another day I needed to open it so I could get my wheel lock out, so I saw sawzalled that shit open. Turns out my wheel lock wasn't in there anyway.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
wudini
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2014 MKVI GTI Drivers Edition
Send a message via ICQ to wudini Send a message via AIM to wudini
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying when I say latch. I mean the "catch" that protrudes from the left side of the glove box door. It gets stuck inside the mechanism. Since this wasn't obvious I'm gonna guess this is unique to me lol