GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried the mk7 replica headlight look?

KDOG1

Ready to race!
I'm running opt7 led bulbs in mine.. Weak cell phone camera pics but the color and brightness are perfect IMO.. I'll never run HID again..

I'm probably going the led route with these considering hids running hot and the leds being more reliable, less failure chances.. Could you please Link or pm the specs of the ones you are running in them? Would be dope, thanks brother.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I'm running opt7 led bulbs in mine.. Weak cell phone camera pics but the color and brightness are perfect IMO.. I'll never run HID again..

Have you run HID before in these aftermarket lenses? I've debated myself on swapping to LEDs but my 55w morimoto HID kit is just so damn bright, I don't want to risk it being any dimmer.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Have you run HID before in these aftermarket lenses? I've debated myself on swapping to LEDs but my 55w morimoto HID kit is just so damn bright, I don't want to risk it being any dimmer.
i too would like to know how the LEDS perform in actually lighting up the rode vs the HIDs. I know LEDs can look better but they dont always light up as far/wide as HIDs

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
How much did yall pay for the spyder branded version? Modded Euros seems the cheapest at $469.99 (ebay (unbranded) are going for $349.99...) but since both of you bought the Spyder branded versions and have been super happy with them i would most likely spend the extra $120 for the piece of mind.

What coding did you guys have to do to get them to work properly without errors?

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie

I only used these LEDs in these headlights but I have used 35w morimoto's with 5500k bulbs in depo headlights and I would say the LEDs are on par w those.. the LEDs are a tad brighter.. Looks like opt7 now sell "fluxbeam x" which is a brighter lumen..

How much did yall pay for the spyder branded version? Modded Euros seems the cheapest at $469.99 (ebay (unbranded) are going for $349.99...) but since both of you bought the Spyder branded versions and have been super happy with them i would most likely spend the extra $120 for the piece of mind.

What coding did you guys have to do to get them to work properly without errors?

No coding required at all.. Completely plug and play.. I paid $339 shipped from eBay..

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I only used these LEDs in these headlights but I have used 35w morimoto's with 5500k bulbs in depo headlights and I would say the LEDs are on par w those.. the LEDs are a tad brighter.. Looks like opt7 now sell "fluxbeam x" which is a brighter lumen..

No coding required at all.. Completely plug and play.. I paid $339 shipped from eBay..
Looks like the fluxbeam X isnt made in H7 size yet. So just core or regular flux beam are available to us.

The ebay ones you bought were branded Spyder? Cause i see these on there but the brand is labeled as "Venom Inc"

They look identical in pictures to the Spyders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2014-...ash=item28177baddb:g:kDoAAOSwdnZaMvJg&vxp=mtr

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like the fluxbeam X isnt made in H7 size yet. So just core or regular flux beam are available to us.

The ebay ones you bought were branded Spyder? Cause i see these on there but the brand is labeled as "Venom Inc"

They look identical in pictures to the Spyders.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2014-...ash=item28177baddb:g:kDoAAOSwdnZaMvJg&vxp=mtr

Ya mine are spyder came in a spyder brand box.. I believe the eBay seller was dt moto or dm moto.. Not 100% sure..

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ya mine are spyder came in a spyder brand box.. I believe the eBay seller was dt moto or dm moto.. Not 100% sure..
ill probably just buy from modded euros because this way i know for sure im getting them.

Im surprised everything was plug and play with no codding out errors. How easy did the LED kit wire up? Ill probably do exact kit you did

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
So I have the Spyder headlights, got them in the mail last night and installed this morning. I drive a 2013 Rabbit, I'm having an issue where the LED U-bars turn on with the headlights, then flicker after about 5 seconds, then shut off and throw a code. Code resets if you turn the car off an on again the code clears and everything works as it should for another 5 seconds or so then the LEDs shut off, but my OEM halogen bulbs stay on. Not sure how to go about fixing this yet, but just as a heads up.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So I have the Spyder headlights, got them in the mail last night and installed this morning. I drive a 2013 Rabbit, I'm having an issue where the LED U-bars turn on with the headlights, then flicker after about 5 seconds, then shut off and throw a code. Code resets if you turn the car off an on again the code clears and everything works as it should for another 5 seconds or so then the LEDs shut off, but my OEM halogen bulbs stay on. Not sure how to go about fixing this yet, but just as a heads up.
hmm keep us updated. Have you contacted spyder?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
hmm keep us updated. Have you contacted spyder?

I contacted the company I ordered them from and they told me I probably needed an LED resistor, which is what I thought I needed anyways. Just some sort of canbus thing to wire in. You can buy them for 10 bucks or so on amazon, its just mildly annoying they aren't plug and play for me.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I contacted the company I ordered them from and they told me I probably needed an LED resistor, which is what I thought I needed anyways. Just some sort of canbus thing to wire in. You can buy them for 10 bucks or so on amazon, its just mildly annoying they aren't plug and play for me.
maybe contact spyder and see what the manufacturer says

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
My headlights run a test on every start up, flicker each led headlight then my led fog lights flicker each side and a bulb out warning light comes on my dash.. But everything functions as it should.. Not 1 prob.. I just have that annoying warning light on my dash.. And honestly that warning light maybe from my led license plate light? Not sure..

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
My headlights run a test on every start up, flicker each led headlight then my led fog lights flicker each side and a bulb out warning light comes on my dash.. But everything functions as it should.. Not 1 prob.. I just have that annoying warning light on my dash.. And honestly that warning light maybe from my led license plate light? Not sure..

Yeah, mine all run a test as well, everything flickers as it comes on now, which is normal I think because LEDs dont need as much power. Not a big deal, I'm sure you could code it out some way.

maybe contact spyder and see what the manufacturer says

Yeah I just hadn't tried contacting them because I've got a few friends around me with different spyder products and they all say the customer service is pretty awful with them. Figured I'd avoid the hassle. I'm going to my friend's wire shop on saturday and I'm gonna wire in the resistors and see whats up.