GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 01-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Hooligan Car

Drives: 2012 GTi Autobahn DSG Black
Wheels will not balance

I purchased last spring via Discount Tire 4 new TSW Snetterton wheels 18X8 with polished lips and 4 new Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires. The new wheel/tire combo refused to balance on my local stores best and newest state-of-the-art Hunter machine. Made 3 return trips without luck. They even purchased a different set of Michelin tires (Pilot Super Sports) that also would not balance. They finally asked if they could put stick-on weights on the outside polished lips. Didn't look too great but helped tremendously. Re-mounted A/S 3+ tires and re-balanced. Not as smooth as stock Autobahn wheels but...OK. Now in winter, the stick on weights keep falling off sending me back to Discount Tire. Any suggestions?
Hooligan Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
So when you say they don't balance...is that on their balancing machine you're seeing it?

OR the car shakes with the wheels on it?

I assume you're using the TSW hub rings (should be blue) and cone seat bolts with them?

I would've asked for a refund and/or not taken them when they didn't balance when you bought them (assuming they didn't balance on the machine). They shouldn't have even sold them to you to be honest.
Discount has a satisfaction guarantee....tell them you're unhappy (still assuming they don't balance on the machine) and you want different wheels or something.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
TimS
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 Golf R
Do the wheels balance on their own, without tires? If not, they owe you new wheels.
TimS is offline   Reply With Quote