GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 01-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
Tomstud12
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf 2015 MK6
Volkswagen Golf 2010 1.6 tdi

Hello

I'm trying to connect my golf 2010 to an android radio. I just want to ask i have this Can bus ( Can-Bus ) and this radio ( Radio ) but rather than me have to snip all the wires and connect them separately.

Are there any plugs that i can connect to the radio and do the can-Bus adapter? I seen these but these are for pioneer ( Example )

One more question if i just get the canbus and snip the wires do i just leave the connector that plugs in to the vehicle and just snip all the ones plugging into the radio even the steering wheel buttons? Is the canbus not supposed to help send the code or something?

Or is there a simpler way?

Thanks
Tomstud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:43 AM   #2
spopinski
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf MK6 1.4 TSi
That is a can bus adapter/simulator cable in your first link, so you can use your new head unit plug the adapter, then plug the adapter to your car CAN. Steering wheel control should work, some android radios even have custom wheel button mapping.

So your only problem will be finding or making a dashboard trim to match the new radio outline.
spopinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Tomstud12
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf 2015 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spopinski View Post
That is a can bus adapter/simulator cable in your first link, so you can use your new head unit plug the adapter, then plug the adapter to your car CAN. Steering wheel control should work, some android radios even have custom wheel button mapping.

So your only problem will be finding or making a dashboard trim to match the new radio outline.
I got the dashboard trim.

I just don't know how that adapter works i know the pig plug goes into the radio and than the other 2 small ones are the speakers and power that connect to the radio but than there is no other cable to connect to the Canbus box is that supposed to be connected
Tomstud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
spopinski
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf MK6 1.4 TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstud12 View Post
I got the dashboard trim.

I just don't know how that adapter works i know the pig plug goes into the radio and than the other 2 small ones are the speakers and power that connect to the radio but than there is no other cable to connect to the Canbus box is that supposed to be connected
What connector available in your car? Have you tried the crutchfield.com compatibility tools?
spopinski is offline   Reply With Quote