GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indy 500 Review?

JISUN_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
i am currently in Michelin Pilot A/S 3 and my thread is bald.

i order 19" Rotiform Wheel But its back order til March.

my current tire(18") cannot wait til March so i need a new Temporarily tire until
my new wheel come.

i found Fireston Indy 500 for $92 Each. i am currently in Stage 2

will Indy 500 can hold me?

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I have been looking at tires for a new wheel setup in spring.. Are the regular Indy 500 all season? I see there is Indy 500 and wide oval Indy 500.. They both say all season? But to me the tread pattern of the reg Indy 500 looks like a summer tire.. Anyone kno or have experience?

red_stapler

Ready to race!
i am currently in Stage 2

will Indy 500 can hold me?

If your only metric is being able to spin the tires from a 5mph roll like most GTI owners, you're probably fine. They're a good tire if you're looking for a summer-only tire. They're not quite up to autocross or trackdays though.

I have been looking at tires for a new wheel setup in spring.. Are the regular Indy 500 all season? I see there is Indy 500 and wide oval Indy 500.. They both say all season? But to me the tread pattern of the reg Indy 500 looks like a summer tire.. Anyone kno or have experience?

Neither are an all season. The Wide Oval is the "old" Indy 500, and they are more of a poseur tire for Corvettes.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
I've had the AS/3 and Pilot Super Sports and recently got the Indy 500s and they are great for the price.

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
If you’re referring to the firehawk Indy 500 summer tire..I’ve had them on for abit and they are def worth it. Especially at the price point. They will hold you up and some more till March. I’m running a 235/35/19 on this set up and they’ve by far been my favorite tire set up. Granted I’ve only ran two set ups with this size. I had Dunlop sport maxxx rt before this and I gotta say these firehawk ma have been reigned supreme over them...I’d even recommend them for your new set up but that depends on where you live. Here in SoCal it’s summer all year long..

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I have the BFG sport comp 2 A/S and they are a nice tire. Little bit of roll, but grip is good in all conditions.