GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much do you guys pay for an oil change?

marksix

Passed Driver's Ed
Just curious. I pay $108 CAD (~$87 US) for 6 liters of 5W40 Liqui Moly Leichtlauf + Hengst oil filter at the garage I go to.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
About $80 for the same oil and a filter at the shop I go to. I do it myself unless my car has a reason to go to the shop and I think it's usually about $60 just for the oil and filter.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I buy off Amazon for about $60 do it myself

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I pay about 60 bucks when i do it myself. I only go to the dealer when i get the coupon in the mail for 59.99 oil change.
Otherwise they charge 79.99 per oil change.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
I do mine myself and pay $25 for the Mobile 1 full synthetic at Walmart and filter usually runs $15-$18

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
$50-60 at dealer. $80 or so at vw performance shop, because they use motul.

zrickety

The Fixer
I spend $45 on Mobil 1 and filter locally, DIY. Takes me 30 min.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Uhmmm

6 Liters of oil?? Where the heck are they putting it? Our cars take 5L at the most. Why so much oil??

Maybe if they do the OEM 5L you'll save $5- 10

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Uhmmm

6 Liters of oil?? Where the heck are they putting it? Our cars take 5L at the most. Why so much oil??

Maybe if they do the OEM 5L you'll save $5- 10
maybe they give him the 6th for topping off as needed until next oil change?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, paying $20 for oil change labor and cost of materials ~$50 isn't that bad. I prefer to do it myself to make sure there is a drain plug washer and things aren't super torqued. But jacking up my gti is a challenge because of how stiff the suspension is.
Depends on the shop, if I trust, I just bring them the materials and just pay for labor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
$55 for Motul Specific and a filter shipped to my door.

Takes longer to gather tools/ramps than to do the actual oil change. Can't see paying someone to do it. Oil changes are so easy on this platform.

Ol' Man

Passed Driver's Ed
$75 at the dealer. Also they check and top off any fluids(washer fluid is all)and I get a complimentary alignment check. I only drive about 5ooo miles per year so I'm content with that amount once a year.