GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 owners what psi do you peak and hold?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I haven't driven mine since october but usually peak 28-29 and hold about 26 or so. APR does request more boost though in place of pulling timing like other tunes.

Keep in mind during cold winter your car will actually boost less psi because the air is more dense.

Which IC are you running?
Edit: looked at your build thread, still on the neuspeed?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Which IC are you running?
Edit: looked at your build thread, still on the neuspeed?

I just sold the neuspeed a few weeks ago. I'm putting a eurojet sandwich mounted ic in now. Only reason for making the switch is because I'm adding an external oil cooler and needed the space for it up front. There was no way to mount it with the neuspeed ic being there.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I just sold the neuspeed a few weeks ago. I'm putting a eurojet sandwich mounted ic in now. Only reason for making the switch is because I'm adding an external oil cooler and needed the space for it up front. There was no way to mount it with the neuspeed ic being there.

Oh ok, so these numbers are on the neuspeed then?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
yes, I haven't driven it yet with the eurojet IC installed. I don't think it'll change all that much though.

I see, that seems to be a fair amount of psi for that turbo. I'm running a wagner, but I swear I must have a leak because only holding 20 seems really low to me.

jay745

I see, that seems to be a fair amount of psi for that turbo. I'm running a wagner, but I swear I must have a leak because only holding 20 seems really low to me.

What tune do you have? I have a few friends with k04's on varying tunes, all of our cars run fairly the same (none being significantly faster than the other) but the boost psi is all over the place based on which tune. Some companies advance timing to achieve the same results as apr gets by adding psi.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
APR 3.1 Tune- Peak 28-29 psi, hold 21-22 redline

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
What tune do you have? I have a few friends with k04's on varying tunes, all of our cars run fairly the same (none being significantly faster than the other) but the boost psi is all over the place based on which tune. Some companies advance timing to achieve the same results as apr gets by adding psi.

I went from DM to UM's tune. Supposed to peak at 23-25.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
It's probably just the cold air causing it to read a little less psi. Run logs often to see if it's running lean. I know of a few cars that have gotten badly damaged from UM running too lean.

I can smell, and see a lot of gas in my cc, which leads me to believe either I need a carbon cleaning, have a bad injector, or clogged injector. Also have high rpm misfires

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I'm on Apr tune as well and mine also has a high 20s spike but holds pretty low 20s to redline. Runs strong was a pretty close match to Jay's car

jay745

I'm on Apr tune as well and mine also has a high 20s spike but holds pretty low 20s to redline. Runs strong was a pretty close match to Jay's car

Close match? Thought dsg's were supposed to be faster? :iono: