GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Troubleshooting After Decarb

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Shoot! I’ll grab one of those on my way home. What you’re describing is EXACTLY what is going on now. It will crank and not catch several times before it finally starts.
I would still try and see if u can trick service dept into new intake manifold lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SarahO12

Just want to let everyone know I think I fixed it...bought a new camshaft position sensor last night and replaced the old one. Old one had a less than perfect looking seal but seemed fine other than that. Car seemed the same. I decided to look at all the wires one last time and instead of just checking on them, I unplugged and reseated every one I could reach. One of them came off a little too easily and sure enough, after hitting it with some compressed air and plugging it back in...the car is happy again!

I’ll probably still let the shop check on it tomorrow but I think it’s good. Not sure how I missed that TWICE but it is right under another sensor and perhaps it jiggled it’s way out more over the last couple of days.

Either way, thanks for the suggestions!

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Just want to let everyone know I think I fixed it...bought a new camshaft position sensor last night and replaced the old one. Old one had a less than perfect looking seal but seemed fine other than that. Car seemed the same. I decided to look at all the wires one last time and instead of just checking on them, I unplugged and reseated every one I could reach. One of them came off a little too easily and sure enough, after hitting it with some compressed air and plugging it back in...the car is happy again!

I’ll probably still let the shop check on it tomorrow but I think it’s good. Not sure how I missed that TWICE but it is right under another sensor and perhaps it jiggled it’s way out more over the last couple of days.

Either way, thanks for the suggestions!

Congrats on getting it fixed