GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: ...
Par for the Course - Rising Blue Golf .:R Build

Okay... So since I'm in the US, this build is presently just meant to be somewhat of a hopeful undertaking (wishful thinking). But if it does come here, then I might be able to make it a reality. Definitely I'd be springing for a 2-door with manual transmission. Don't really want/need a sunroof, but I probably wouldn't be able to opt out of that.
To me, the Golf R is an impressive car, so there's a lot about it that I wouldn't want to change. I've always loved the blue Mk4 & Mk5 R's, so Rising Blue Metallic would be a necessity.

Other Initial ideas for the Golf R:
-The exterior is great the way it is, so not really any "purely cosmetic" plans there.
Except maybe a badgeless front grille! I'm always in favor of that.

-The 19" wheel package would be great, because of the bi-xenons with the black housings, but I'd immediately dump the wheels and put on some gold 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

*If anyone wants to photoshop that combination (gold OZ wheels + badgeless), that would be awesome.

-Adam's Rotor's - Race, black zinc coated, w/ Black Hubs
-Forge Short Shift kit & 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushings - I really like the Diesel Geek kit, but not sure if my wife would be able to handle it.
-USP Stainless Steel Brake Lines

-Black Forest Industries mounts - Stage III Engine, Stage II Tranny, & Torque Arm Insert

-Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - although I have heard that this wheel/tire combination makes a strange harmonic sound ???

-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats - got my fingers crossed that they'll have this as a stateside option

-Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

-BSH VTA Catch Can - using one of these presently on my GTI and it works great.

Like I said, this build is presently just an idea here in the U.S., but if anyone's got a Rising Blue Golf R in other parts of the world, then be glad to steal my fire!

Last edited by dsm1983; 12-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.
dsm1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
GDOGGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: MK6 GTI TR 4-Door
Interesting!!

Those gold OZs with the Rising Blue would make it look like a subaru lol
Mods: 30%:15% Tint|Tinted Tails|Smoked Side Markers|Blacked-out Emblem|Euroswitch|LED Interior Lights|Yellow Nokya Fogs|Vag-Com|BSH True Seal Intake|Rear Wiper Delete|BBS CHs|FK Streetlines|NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge
BUILD THREAD: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12168
GDOGGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
PandaGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: M3, CC, FJ Cruiser, Spark EV
If they bring it... I'm getting a 4 door white Golf R and pretty much doing the same mods except with Black BBS rims

Please please please bring this stateside!!!
PandaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
gti_27
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDOGGTI View Post
Interesting!!

I was goin to write the same thing
gti_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Interesting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti_27 View Post
I was goin to write the same thing
That's actually the look I'd be going for.
Imagine the look on an STI owner's face when you pull up next to him with that color scheme!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
GDOGGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

Lol good point.. Like those subarus on bags.. WTF hah
Mods: 30%:15% Tint|Tinted Tails|Smoked Side Markers|Blacked-out Emblem|Euroswitch|LED Interior Lights|Yellow Nokya Fogs|Vag-Com|BSH True Seal Intake|Rear Wiper Delete|BBS CHs|FK Streetlines|NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #8
newgtigeorge
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White GTI 2 dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm1983 View Post
Okay... So since I'm in the US, this build is presently just meant to be somewhat of a hopeful undertaking (wishful thinking). But if it does come here, then I might be able to make it a reality. Definitely I'd be springing for a 2-door with manual transmission. Don't really want/need a sunroof, but I probably wouldn't be able to opt out of that.
To me, the Golf R is an impressive car, so there's a lot about it that I wouldn't want to change. I've always loved the blue Mk4 & Mk5 R's, so Rising Blue Metallic would be a necessity.

Other Initial ideas for the Golf R:
-The exterior is great the way it is, so not really any "purely cosmetic" plans there.
Except maybe a badgeless front grille! I'm always in favor of that.

-The 19" wheel package would be great, because of the bi-xenons with the black housings, but I'd immediately dump the wheels and put on some gold 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

*If anyone wants to photoshop that combination (gold OZ wheels + badgeless), that would be awesome.

-Adam's Rotor's - Race, black zinc coated, w/ Black Hubs
-Forge Short Shift kit & 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushings - I really like the Diesel Geek kit, but not sure if my wife would be able to handle it.
-USP Stainless Steel Brake Lines

-Black Forest Industries mounts - Stage III Engine, Stage II Tranny, & Torque Arm Insert

-Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - although I have heard that this wheel/tire combination makes a strange harmonic sound ???

-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats - got my fingers crossed that they'll have this as a stateside option

-Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

-BSH VTA Catch Can - using one of these presently on my GTI and it works great.

Like I said, this build is presently just an idea here in the U.S., but if anyone's got a Rising Blue Golf R in other parts of the world, then be glad to steal my fire!
That'll work... not a fan of gold wheels, however. Fingers crossed that we get it in the US!
newgtigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #9
s13vin4t0r
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: VW Golf MK6
I see you're going for the classic gold-wheel STI look!

I like it
s13vin4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Well, looks like this build is going to become a reality!

Also, I confirmed that Black Forest Industries is working on a Stage III transmission mount.
Lastly, check this out. Arin posted these teaser shots over on GolfMkV the other day:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APR-20tfsi-carbonio-kit.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	5285  Click image for larger version

Name:	APR-20tfsi-carbonio-assembled.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	5286  
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
GDOGGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

whats that teaser shot of? a "Race Carbonio"?? damn man your lucky your getting the .:R lol
Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #13
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
whats that teaser shot of? a "Race Carbonio"?? damn man your lucky your getting the .:R lol
That's the new Carbonio for the FSI engine. Compatibility with the Golf R has been confirmed.
Not "lucky" just yet. I gotta figure out how to tell my wife that I'm getting another new car...
I'm gonna be in the dog house for sure.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #14
GDOGGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
That's the new Carbonio for the FSI engine. Compatibility with the Golf R has been confirmed.
Not "lucky" just yet. I gotta figure out how to tell my wife that I'm getting another new car...
I'm gonna be in the dog house for sure.
there was no carbonio for FSI before?? woah that took a while.. lmao goodluck with the wife