GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #43
stucky
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 12' 4 dr 6sp Man Autobahn. BUH LAK
Women are kinda slow about this auto stuff. They need to be put in their places. Just so, I aim to never buy a 4 door sedan. No matter how much a girl wonders what I find in "hunchbacks".... NEVER. THERE! NO MORE! bah!

well... the 3 series is um.... nice,

but I;d stick with the coupe ... ha ha!
stucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #44
GIT MO
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI 4 DOOR
Tell your wife to visit Europe. The demogaphics are very different - not a "kids" car. The GTI is considered more upscale, as is evidenced by all of the options you can load these things up with, which aren't available in NA. Not a lot of "kids" over in Europe spending what the GTI is costing.

Last edited by GIT MO; 01-02-2011 at 10:29 PM.
GIT MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #45
Yuri
Ready to race!

Drives: .:R (On its way)
19 baby!
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #46
matt-mk6
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 csg gti mk6
Send a message via Skype™ to matt-mk6
19 and still in college! love my gti, was looking into wrx's and totally changed my mind as soon as my dad took me to the vw dealership and showed me the car i now have haha, cops in my town just love it and nothing but compliments
matt-mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #47
TechJunky
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI Deep Black
25 here with a 2-door
TechJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
stucky
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 12' 4 dr 6sp Man Autobahn. BUH LAK
the average age of a used (2-4 year old) GTI buyer, however, tends to be pretty young and dear.

punks.
stucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #49
bobbymkvi
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White GTI MKVI
Bought my GTI on my 33rd birthday.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #50
SteveMD
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI, 09 BMW 335i
47 married, one teen. 2 door for me.

Also got a Suburban and a boring 4 door sedan.

Go Ravens!
SteveMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #51
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 4d/6s
32 and married with three kids...this is my second VW, the first was a mkiv golf 2 door which I ironically had when I met my wife and subsequently got rid of to make room for kids
Grambles' Unicorn Gym Theory
My Build Thread
Hilfloskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #52
tehHooligan
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 UG GTI 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-mk6 View Post
cops in my town just love it
Haha is that good or bad?

I'm the youngest in this thread at 17 but I know that there are some others younger than me around. My parents were willing to consider an A3 but honestly I know that the Audi was too expensive for me. Besides, I liked the feel of the GTI better and what I really love is how I'm now a part of the VW community. Every time I see a MKVI I get really excited, whether it's a golf or a GTI. I parked next to a MKII Cabrio today and felt really great. I've had waves from people in newly bought GTIs (a MKIV and a MKVI) and I love how I'm not in a ricebox or racer car but I've still had heavily modified STIs and other cars of the like try and race me . I don't partake, but I like knowing that the GTI commands the attention and respect of those ricers/racers and older, more refined and thoughtful people.

I go to a private school, and lets just say that my tuition is more than what my brother's was at a California state college (for in state). People at my school are pretty spoiled, but it ranges, so about half will have normal teenager cars, but the other half gets german cars, like BMWs, Audis, Mercs, etc. One guy in my grade (senior) has an M5, and yes it's the V10. Bought used, but so inappropriate. With my GTI I really don't care whether some junior just got an E46 M3 (someone I know just did get one) because I know that my car didn't really break the bank and I love and appreciate it more than they do.

Basically, my GTI is the perfect car.

Last edited by tehHooligan; 01-02-2011 at 10:38 PM.
tehHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #53
matt-mk6
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 csg gti mk6
Send a message via Skype™ to matt-mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehHooligan View Post
Haha is that good or bad?

I'm the youngest in this thread at 17 but I know that there are some others younger than me around. My parents were willing to consider an A3 but honestly I know that the Audi was too expensive for me. Besides, I liked the feel of the GTI better and what I really love is how I'm now a part of the VW community. Every time I see a MKVI I get really excited, whether it's a golf or a GTI. I parked next to a MKII Cabrio today and felt really great. I've had waves from people in newly bought GTIs (a MKIV and a MKVI) and I love how I'm not in a ricebox or racer car but I've still had heavily modified STIs and other cars of the like try and race me . I don't partake, but I like knowing that the GTI commands the attention and respect of those ricers/racers and older, more refined and thoughtful people.

Basically, I love my GTI and really appreciate all it represents.
haha ya man the cops follow me all the time and keep telling me that they don t believe a 19 year old like me owns a $30k car like i have lol, and they just give me compliments and i especially love it when im driving and i see ppl in other cars hitting each other and screaming the color of my car hahahah
matt-mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #54
bozaman
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 BWM 135i (E82)
42 now, and have had the car about 6 months (2010 gti) - more detail is in my sig.

the gti is fun, sporty, practical, and the appointments are far above what you would expect in this class. when someone asks why i got this car, and then actually takes a close look at my car they then understand and are blown away.

after 6 months, so am i. still.

upgrades: revo s2, k&n filter, awe dp, magnaflow cbe, fifteen52 rml snowflakes, michelin pilot super sport (225/40-18), usp ss lines, stop-tech slotted rotors, hawk hps pads, piaa plasma yellow fogs, 9w7 bt module, others coming soon...
bozaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #55
jbcritch
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG MK6 GTI
41. Attorney. Wife and 3 kids. Bimmer diver for many years. Love my GTI.

MY MOD THREAD: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12631
jbcritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #56
getbit
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '11 GTI, '11 CTS-V Coupe, Ford GT
I just bought the GTI as a gift for my 16 year old son...and I recently turned 40.
We both are in love with it and I come from a long line of luxury cars and high horsepower sports cars.
I drive it every chance I get, as does my wife.
getbit is offline   Reply With Quote