GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #29
nexstar7
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanyrsc View Post
in the MFI there is a service option. select it and press reset.
thanks, will try
nexstar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #30
DougDome
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Shadow Blue 2dr Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLaLa View Post
Hey everyone~

This warning just came up while driving home...not sure what it really means... has this warning come up for any of you guys? Theres a warning light as well just above the digital display on the dash when it first happens.

Thanks! I attached a picture as well ... the light goes away, but the warning data is stored in the dash now.
The same exact thing happened to me at 800 miles. I shut off the engine, checked the fluids, noticed that they were fine, and restarted the engine and the alert was gone. I've gone maybe 300 more miles since then and no alert.
DougDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
GiGi GTI
Oval Champion

Drives: CW 4dr 6-speed
Happened to me this morning, conveniently on my way to the dealer anyway. I've got about 3,500 and only recently started putting my car near 4K RPM. I asked them to look at it so we'll see what happens.

Sounds like it may be a glitch in the computer or some loose wiring. Not a big deal, but pretty annoying. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #32
ThomSquared
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2008 MKV
My MK6 is only about 1 month old and is currently at just over 600 miles and this came on. I wasn't driving it hard at all, I contacted the dealer's service department and the guy was literally clueless about it and just advised to check my levels.
ThomSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #33
GiGi GTI
Oval Champion

Drives: CW 4dr 6-speed
The dealer couldn't duplicate the problem and the warning did not come back on.

I let the service dept know what people said on here and printed some of the forum. They said they'll look into it. Not sure what will come of that, but maybe they'll find the problem.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #34
ThomSquared
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2008 MKV
Knowing my dealer I will have to just be a walk in on Saturday because they are very hesitant to look at anything that they feel would be a waste of their time, regardless I am worried about it. Did they just plug it in and run a diagnostic or did they get a little more in depth?
ThomSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #35
decrescendo
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG Autobahn 4dr w/ DSG
Just received this exact error. ~6300 on the odometer on a 2011.

Drove it home immediately since I was about to leave for a ~3 hour drive. Checked oil. It was a little low but nothing startling. I then restarted the engine and received no error. Weird.
decrescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #36
LightningRhod
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
Just received this exact error. ~6300 on the odometer on a 2011.

Drove it home immediately since I was about to leave for a ~3 hour drive. Checked oil. It was a little low but nothing startling. I then restarted the engine and received no error. Weird.
Yup, that happened to me a while back (maybe at 15k miles) and I did the same thing you did. Even had my vehicle VAG-COM scanned by another local forum member, and no error was found related to low oil pressure.

Weird indeed.
APR Stage 2 :: Golf R LED tail lights :: AWE boost gauge :: Neuspeed P-Flo :: Enkei PF01 18x8 :: Dunlop Star Specs :: DG Springs :: UR DP :: UB :: XB :: R8 Coils :: SPM OEM BBK :: OSIR CF lip :: Bilstein :: Hotchkis :: 034 Front Endlinks

LightningRhod's quest to 200k and beyond
LightningRhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #37
decrescendo
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG Autobahn 4dr w/ DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningRhod View Post
Yup, that happened to me a while back (maybe at 15k miles) and I did the same thing you did. Even had my vehicle VAG-COM scanned by another local forum member, and no error was found related to low oil pressure.

Weird indeed.
Am I wrong for never having changed the oil yet? I assumed up to ~10k it would be fine given that's what VW tries to push off on me.
decrescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #38
LightningRhod
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
Am I wrong for never having changed the oil yet? I assumed up to ~10k it would be fine given that's what VW tries to push off on me.
There was rather large thread on here about changing your oil, what intervals, is it safe to do so every 10k, should you do it before the initial 10k, etc. Can't really search for it right now since I'm at work, but Bob The Oil Guy did some pretty well documented oil analysis on it. This is what I took from it:

-During the initial break-in period, there will be a lot of deposits in the oil around 3-5k miles. A number of forum members (myself included) changed the oil during this time. I changed the oil because I noticed my MPG's started to drop and the car felt like it lost some power. Bought some Mobil1 0W-40, changed the oil, and the car felt alive again.

-After initial break-in, the oil is fine to change at every 10k interval. The oil analysis showed no significant deterioration in viscosity or build-up of deposits/minerals.

Now, you don't haaaaaaaaaaaave to change your oil before the initial 10k miles on your car, it's not like your engine is going to fail because of it. But I did it anyway because I'm a bit anal at the upkeep of my cars and try to keep them in tip top shape.

IMO, the fact that you haven't changed your oil yet wouldn't attribute to something as severe as "low oil pressure". If you checked your oil and are within spec levels, I think you should be ok. If you are really worried about it you can always take it to the dealer.

Just my $0.02
APR Stage 2 :: Golf R LED tail lights :: AWE boost gauge :: Neuspeed P-Flo :: Enkei PF01 18x8 :: Dunlop Star Specs :: DG Springs :: UR DP :: UB :: XB :: R8 Coils :: SPM OEM BBK :: OSIR CF lip :: Bilstein :: Hotchkis :: 034 Front Endlinks

LightningRhod's quest to 200k and beyond
LightningRhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #39
Diluted
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI (Blown Up), 2017 GTI Sport
Just got this today. 6100 miles. I was stopped it beeped. Then it flashed in the MFD a few times then went away like nothing ever happened. Restarted the car and no errors or anything came up. Car is running fine not limited to the 4k rpms
Old 11-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Maybe we should post what you were doing right before and during the warning light to see if we can figure out a common cause, since the dealership can't find anything.

Both times it happened to me was after driving for 30min - 1hr on the highway at 70mph, slowed down to around 30mph when I got in a neighborhood and stopped for a few second to open a gate. When I slowly accelerated again from being stopped it happened. One with around 3k miles and again at 15k.
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #41
Diluted
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI (Blown Up), 2017 GTI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
Maybe we should post what you were doing right before and during the warning light to see if we can figure out a common cause, since the dealership can't find anything.

Both times it happened to me was after driving for 30min - 1hr on the highway at 70mph, slowed down to around 30mph when I got in a neighborhood and stopped for a few second to open a gate. When I slowly accelerated again from being stopped it happened. One with around 3k miles and again at 15k.
This almost the exact same as my experience. I just drove an hour and a half and nothing happened.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #42
VINNY
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 SB 2dr DSG.
Just happend to me diving about thirty, it flashed the orange warning and beeped. said speed limited 4000 rpm and then it cleared. Pulled over checked my oil, and every thing was fine. I got back in started it up, and waited for the road to clear, gave it some gas 5500 or so, and again all was good. From what I'm reading here it sounds like a computer glitch. I got the 10,000 service coming up so I'll bring it up then.