GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #43
ajyuster
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 2dr GTI CSG DSG, ECU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLaLa View Post
Hey everyone~

This warning just came up while driving home...not sure what it really means... has this warning come up for any of you guys? Theres a warning light as well just above the digital display on the dash when it first happens.

Thanks! I attached a picture as well ... the light goes away, but the warning data is stored in the dash now.
I had this problem with my 11 gti. I took it to dealer. They checked the oil level, pressure and even tried cornering hard ( sometimes when you corner hard and have no oil the light comes on).

If you can, drive straight to the dealer. DO NOT SHUT OFF YOUR CAR because the code will get deleted and then the dealer goes "we dont see any codes".

They kept it for 3 days and then returned the car back to me with, "lets closely monitor this". Ever since i havent had that light come back on and i am at 13k.
ajyuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #44
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajyuster View Post
I had this problem with my 11 gti. I took it to dealer. They checked the oil level, pressure and even tried cornering hard ( sometimes when you corner hard and have no oil the light comes on).

If you can, drive straight to the dealer. DO NOT SHUT OFF YOUR CAR because the code will get deleted and then the dealer goes "we dont see any codes".

They kept it for 3 days and then returned the car back to me with, "lets closely monitor this". Ever since i havent had that light come back on and i am at 13k.
I have scanned my car with a Vagcom while the light was on and no code was found, weird eh??
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #45
hatzo1
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Well I'll add my car to the Oil Pressure warning coming on. Came on after getting off the interstate, but after I stopped for the second time. I live close to the interstate so I drove it home slowly and checked the oil and all is fine. Turned the car back on and no warning. It actually went off when I was limping it home. I have to drive pass the dealer on the way to and from work so Ill stop by in the morning to see if anything shows up. Anybody have more info from there cars after the light?
2015 Road Glide Special
hatzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #46
CyaL8R

Drives: 2011 GTI Candy White
Just happened to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLaLa View Post
Hey everyone~

This warning just came up while driving home...not sure what it really means... has this warning come up for any of you guys? Theres a warning light as well just above the digital display on the dash when it first happens.

Thanks! I attached a picture as well ... the light goes away, but the warning data is stored in the dash now.
This just happened to me last night too. I also have a 2011 Candy White GTI and was driving home in bumper to bumper traffic. I'm at the dealer now...been sitting here 2-1/2 hours so far....still waiting...
CyaL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
SuPeR GTi
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 12' GTI MT
^let us know what the outcome is. this seems pretty random, and i dnt think its because of hard driving or cornering in this case.
SuPeR GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #48
skantron
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI 4d CSG 6spd
I had this happen at around 1-2k miles... oil was fine. at 33k, it just happened again. again. oil is fine. Both times it was raining? both times, it was raining, but I was driving pretty easy, today, when it happened again, I was driving super easy becuase I was trying to get my gas mileage up... No error codes on vagcom either.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #49
ErsteGTI
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: White 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
Happened to me on the way to work this morning. Bumper to bumper and with low speed intervals. Made it to work (~10 miles). Just checked oil after allowing engine to cool. Maybe a tad bit low, but still within the middle zone (B). Turned on the car to go pick up lunch and.....no warning light. Pushed it a bit to 5K rpms and no problems.

This is the second time it's happened to me. Last time, the oil level was at low portion of zone B, and I added 1/2 quart. Dealer mentioned that low oil level was probably the cause, and it's know that GTIs can loose about 1/2 - 1 quart every 1200 miles. Since then, I always keep quart of oil in car, JIC.
ErsteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #50
Arash007ir
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI Autobahn
I got it this morning, I wasn't pushing the car, I was actually doing 5 mile an hour when it came up.
I also keep getting "Service now" for the past 5 days, which was peculiar since I had it serviced about a month ago.

I've done almost 20,000 Km, did all the services. I don't have an oil leak or anything.
Arash007ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #51
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Bringing back... I just got this on my way to work this morning. It happened at a light after I accelerated through 2nd & 3rd (soft shifts, higher RPM, incline hill). Car sounds & feels fine, but it was beeping w/ the same message. I have 11k and just got the 10k service done @ 10k.

I will check the oil levels at lunch, but did the dealer find anything else that could be causing this? I saw the loose wire thing, but I feel like not every dealer would find this.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #52
LightningRhod
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI DSG
Thread bump.

Got the warning again on my way to work today as I was cruising on the highway at 70MPH. Blinks/beeps initially, then the orange light come on and off in the MFI. For the record, the oil was changed and topped off maybe 3 weeks ago. I'll check the levels again before I leave work, but I'm sure the oil levels are all good.

I also got the warning a couple of months ago as I was crawling through a parking lot. Notification eventually went away as I was looking for a parking spot.

For the record, I'm at 76k miles.
APR Stage 2 :: Golf R LED tail lights :: AWE boost gauge :: Neuspeed P-Flo :: Enkei PF01 18x8 :: Dunlop Star Specs :: DG Springs :: UR DP :: UB :: XB :: R8 Coils :: SPM OEM BBK :: OSIR CF lip :: Bilstein :: Hotchkis :: 034 Front Endlinks

LightningRhod's quest to 200k and beyond
LightningRhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #53
RacingManiac
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Bye MK6, Hello MK7 PP GTI
I've had this happened twice in the 43k that I've had this car. Both time kinda came on suddenly, then only to not show again for a long time. Never have I actually seen any issue with oil level that I can tell...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #54
LightningRhod
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I've had this happened twice in the 43k that I've had this car. Both time kinda came on suddenly, then only to not show again for a long time. Never have I actually seen any issue with oil level that I can tell...
Yep, same here. Each time it has happened, my oil levels are all good.

These damn electrical gremlins are annoying .
APR Stage 2 :: Golf R LED tail lights :: AWE boost gauge :: Neuspeed P-Flo :: Enkei PF01 18x8 :: Dunlop Star Specs :: DG Springs :: UR DP :: UB :: XB :: R8 Coils :: SPM OEM BBK :: OSIR CF lip :: Bilstein :: Hotchkis :: 034 Front Endlinks

LightningRhod's quest to 200k and beyond
LightningRhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #55
icee
Oval Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI
I got stuck in some pretty horrific traffic the other day. It took 90 minutes to move just 5 or so miles.

The alert came up with the orange light and the 4000RPM limit warning. I've never heard that type of beep before. It sounded like it came out of the speakers vs the normal chimes and ding sounds coming from the cluster. That might just be me though.

I made it to an auto parts store where I picked up a couple quarts of oil thinking that it was just low. Oil checked out fine. I got back in the car, fired it up and the error was gone. Did a 1200 mile road trip right after with no issues.

I never did test the car if it actually limits you to < 4000 RPMs with that message active. Electrical gremlins? Car doesn't like idling that long? Whatever it was, it hasn't come back since.

I've got 45K miles on the clock.
icee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #56
GregAmy
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 Base GTI
Bump. 2011 GTI, 29.5k miles, dealer changed oil two weeks ago. Short commute (15 minutes), ambient temperature in the high 20s. I parked in my driveway to get out to open the garage door (I really need to get an opener) and left the car idling, and the warning - first time for me - happened right as I DSG'd into reverse to back into my garage.

Immediately shut off the car, checked oil level and it was at max. Restarted car, no more warning, drove to work today with no issue.

Dealer says "keep an eye on it and come in if it happens again."

- GA
GregAmy is offline   Reply With Quote