GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #57
eight_heads
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 MKVI GTI
It looks like everyone in this thread that ran into this message has a 2011... is that correct?
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #58
ChancreScolex
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 UG GTI Autobahn 6MT
Bump. 2012 GTI. 40k miles. Was headed home from work, got on the highway going kinda fast around a circular on-ramp and then when I went to merge, the "oil pressure, engine off" light came on for a couple seconds and then went off. Car drove fine on the highway, then same thing after a circular off-ramp. I think I probably have low oil and the G's pulled the oil to one side of the oil pan and starved the engine?
Old 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #59
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChancreScolex View Post
Bump. 2012 GTI. 40k miles. Was headed home from work, got on the highway going kinda fast around a circular on-ramp and then when I went to merge, the "oil pressure, engine off" light came on for a couple seconds and then went off. Car drove fine on the highway, then same thing after a circular off-ramp. I think I probably have low oil and the G's pulled the oil to one side of the oil pan and starved the engine?
Its usually an electrical gremlin. I got it when parked on my driveway...parked it in the garage. Went inside, hopped of forums...saw that most people get the warning then never see it again. Next morning, started up car...warning was gone, Brought straight to the dealer..they couldnt find anything wrong. That was Probably 9000 miles ago.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #60
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChancreScolex View Post
It's usually an electrical gremlin but there have been a few guys that have starved the engine of oil doing same thing you did. Check the oil level as a precaution.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #61
AutoBahnMi
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 VW GTI
this happened to me today. Oil Pressure: Engine Speed Max. 4000rpm. Was driving 60mph on a hwy with multiple curves (Southern State Pkwy in NYC/LI). Pulled off the next exit and checked my oil. It was at maximum level, albeit I believe it was elevated due to driving on the road for the past hour. Visiting the dealership after July 4th weekend to see what they say.

Very peculiar...
AutoBahnMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #62
rasetsu
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI, 2014 RS 5, 2005 STi
Had this happen today while in traffic. Oil level is fine and message is gone at restart.
rasetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #63
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasetsu View Post
Had this happen today while in traffic. Oil level is fine and message is gone at restart.
Yep. This.

Lame but freaky as f*ck when it happens to you .

chyeah
Old 04-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #64
Evan_P

Drives: 2011 VW GTI
Had this happen today. Anyone find a cause and a remedy to this?
Evan_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #65
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Evan its an electrical gremlin. Some of us get it once and never see it again. Turn your car off and then back on...chances are itll be gone forever. Goodluck

chyeah
Old 04-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #66
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
I've seen this once or twice myself too. It happened with no apparent reason and it's been over a year since I've seen it.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #67
rasetsu
Rally Car Newbie

Happened again in bumper to bumper traffic. Chimed once and RPM warning flashed twice. Went away and did not come back once the road opened up and I was able to travel normal highway speeds.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #68
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasetsu View Post
Happened again in bumper to bumper traffic. Chimed once and RPM warning flashed twice. Went away and did not come back once the road opened up and I was able to travel normal highway speeds.
i think its just an electrical gremlin. mine originally click on after i got off the expressway, pulling into my driveway. havent seen it since.

chyeah
Old 04-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #69
rasetsu
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
i think its just an electrical gremlin. mine originally click on after i got off the expressway, pulling into my driveway. havent seen it since.
Seems to be caused by really slow constant speed and nothing else. So odd. I had asked the dealer to check the stored codes last time and they said there were none.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #70
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

^odd

chyeah