GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #1443
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailPower View Post
Stupid question.
I had my tune recently tweaked by my tuner dealer and they reset my passcode to 0101. How do you input a "0"? I'm assuming you just perform the sequence to register without pressing the Set button as there is no value. However this hasn't worked at all for me. Any idea?

Thanks.
scroll pass 9 and it should turn 0 right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #1444
Mr_Dog
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
These are absolute figures:

Keep in mind, the values will change based on a lot of things, like temps, altitude, etc.
I noticed your specified boost and actual boost are very close values. Are they suppose to be like this? When I logged with APR Mobile, the Specified boost was always 4-8 PSI higher, is this normal?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvABoost.JPG (432.3 KB, 391 views)
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #1445
roaldtm
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
What spark plugs are recommended for the APR Stage II? It's OEM fine or something different ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
roaldtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #1446
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaldtm View Post
What spark plugs are recommended for the APR Stage II? It's OEM fine or something different ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Audi R8 red plugs. I believe they go for $80 total. I've had them since I went stage 1 like 4 years ago and never had an issue. Now I'm stage 2 since a year ago and no issues.
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #1447
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
Damnit Arin, where's that overrun file?
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #1448
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dog View Post
I noticed your specified boost and actual boost are very close values. Are they suppose to be like this? When I logged with APR Mobile, the Specified boost was always 4-8 PSI higher, is this normal?

Those APR figures imo are showing that WG working a lot harder than it needs to.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:34 AM   #1449
Mr_Dog
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
Those APR figures imo are showing that WG working a lot harder than it needs to.
Do ya mind expanding a bit? Why would you think the waste gate is working harder?

I can try and post some logs with the waste gate & N75 as well. What would result in the WG working to hard?
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #1450
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dog View Post
Do ya mind expanding a bit? Why would you think the waste gate is working harder?

I can try and post some logs with the waste gate & N75 as well. What would result in the WG working to hard?
I posted a thread not too long ago on WG spring pressures, the stock spring is too weak, and guys who use the aftermarket WGs can run the same boost levels at 40% less. A wastegate spring should be right around half of what your max boost is, that's the general rule of thumb.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #1451
larryloveslala

Drives:
Hey all! Apr 2.4 tuned here. 3" downpipe with high flow cat and injen cai. Getting low 9s 9.13 - 9.19s in the 8th official track timeslips using the 93 octane tune.

Anyone have number on the 100 octane tune difference before I drain the tank and pour in the race gas?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
larryloveslala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #1452
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI

From October 6th to October 31st, take 15% off all APR engine and transmission software! This sale is available at all APR dealers in the USA. For participation outside the USA, please contact an APR dealers. Thank you and #GOAPR!
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote