GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTi wishlist.

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone I was just thinking about what I would like to see VW offer for the 2012 GTi's as far as options.

Me personally I would love to see new color choices in the US.
I would also love to see more flexibility when building a car or offering Bi Xenons to all packages as a standard. It would also be nice to get the park assist and adaptive suspension system I forget the term used.

What do you all think.

I just hope VW sees what the people actually want lol.

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
Not the exact video but here. Has to be Europe if it's right hand drive. The thing that makes me go hmm is the fact that the rear badge is I guess "open". So maybe a backup camera?

Grownman

Ready to race!
Video was posted in Nov of 09' Probably won't get it here in the US, and I can only see it working with DSG.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Not the exact video but here. Has to be Europe if it's right hand drive. The thing that makes me go hmm is the fact that the rear badge is I guess "open". So maybe a backup camera?

That is indeed the rear view camera. That, along with the Park Assist is available in other markets.

While it's easy for us to say we would prefer all these options, the fact of the matter is that we would all prefer not to pay for them. If these options were included in GTIs, the prices would increase very quickly and everyone would start saying "that's way too much, I'd rather get an Audi/BMW/Mercedes" It is already happening, to some degree, with the Golf R.

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the hope is that this will get the attention of VWoA and we can get some of the stuff not offered in the US.

I would also like to see the Engine Start/Stop button mounted in a more visable area like near the ESP switch.

suspiciouspackage

Ready to race!
I wouldn't mind the return of wheel mounted controls on base models. I don't know, it just bothers me how they took it off. Call me lazy or a real concentrated driver, but I'd rather have controls within reach of my fingers (well thumbs) instead of having to be somewhat distracted trying to find the volume control on the center console. Then again, it becomes second nature after a while but still.

Grownman

Ready to race!
If these options were included in GTIs, the prices would increase very quickly and everyone would start saying "that's way too much, I'd rather get an Audi/BMW/Mercedes" It is already happening, to some degree, with the Golf R.

:thumbsup: Not just the Golf R but for a fully loaded GTI as well.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup: Not just the Golf R but for a fully loaded GTI as well.

Exactly, and don't forget, you guys (USA) generally have the lowest prices in the world.

Up here in Canada, a top spec GTI, after taxes and fees gets damn close to $40k. Now throw on these "wishlist" options... how many of you guys wanna pay 45 - 50k for a GTI?

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
no one would pay that much for a gti, it`s hard enough selling a fully loaded GTI at 33-35,
you will never see active suspension ether, too expensive. you can get motion sensor from vw gear, I would like to see active cruise control . thats something i would pay extra for.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Several non European countries use RHD cars as well.