GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
upgrad3
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI MKVI
I just got my Stage I today and the car really is different....it really opens up....once you hit 2500rpms (in 3rd gear and up) you just start to pull, right through to redline.....throttle response is almost instant...I also have the Stage I Carbonio intake, which might make a SMALL difference, but not much over stock.

I've only had the GTI for about a month and a half and this is defiantly a nice upgrade.
upgrad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
Ugene55
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW 4Dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMk6 View Post
how much is it right now?

Heres what it says on the website:

Till March 8th, all new 2011 2.0 TSI ECU upgrades are on sale. A single program is $549 and a fully loaded ECU is $599. A fully loaded ECU gets you 4 programs, program switching, security lockout, fault code erase and anti-theft. No clumsy external devices required to switch programs.
Ugene55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
Ugene55
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW 4Dr GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen77 View Post
I figure I'll get a good year or so out of it stock and then do an APR Stage 1. Still just trying to get used to having a car payment again. I love it even stock, so I can't imagine how the extra 50 some odd HP and torque will feel. Something I want to graduate to over time and not just get right away. Thats just me though and I look forward to getting it. Ive read a lot of reports from people who have it that they brought their car in to the dealer for warranty service and more than once, the dealer did not detect the reflash, so thats really encouraging because the only thing I don't want to deal with is warranty issues.
Im in the same shoes that you are in man. I dont know if i should do it yet on my fresh GTI you know. I kind of want to work on my exterior before my performance parts.
Its just me i guess. Im more for exterior looks than performance. Some people would rather have a stock look but with all the bells and whistles for performance. I mean if our GTI's had crap engines and crap performance, i would definitely work on performance. But our GTI's have good performance (at least enough to get a ticket or beat same price cars). Ahhh its so freakin hard to decide since the deal will be over in a few weeks
Ugene55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
11_mk6
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI
I just got my GTi last week. Car only has about 500 KM's on it..I'd like to take advantage of this sale, and by this weekend I could pump another 1K on it. Would people recommend waiting longer to do the software upgrade? Also, what experiences have people had with warranty work? I definately don't want to mess with my warranty, but would reallllllly like to pump a bit more juice into my baby
11_mk6 is offline   Reply With Quote