GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #57
miikez.
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI. MK6 GTI (RIP)
already lowered with H&R super sports.
miikez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #58
rip steakface
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf
i'm on pro-kit, and that's good for me for now. i have to drop off/pick up 2 kids every day and i'm broke!
rip steakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #59
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Black Mk6 |Black wheels | HID's ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miikez. View Post
here's mine.

what springs you on? looks a good height
Black Mk6 golf | Black 'Team Dynamics' alloys | Red calipers | Smoked tints | Blue HID headlights | Twin 12" Sub | Twin R32 style 3" exhaust | Votex roof spoiler | debadged gti grille | wind deflectors | bonnet bra |
rstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #60
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

ps what are the best springs for looks? wanting it low before i upload the pictures, and what about new shocks? think theyre really needed?
Black Mk6 golf | Black 'Team Dynamics' alloys | Red calipers | Smoked tints | Blue HID headlights | Twin 12" Sub | Twin R32 style 3" exhaust | Votex roof spoiler | debadged gti grille | wind deflectors | bonnet bra |
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #61
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackGolf View Post
thanks a lot bro.I appreciate that.
by the way ,answering a pvt message, I'm running Racelands and I can not be happier about the drop
and how the car drives and feels now,definitely totally worth it 100%,I research for 3 months about what should I buy when I was ready and with $800,changed my mind in the last second and got the $300 bucks coils,I'd recommend them again and again.what a great deal,forget about the FK,HRs,Konis THOSE ARE PRO,THOSE ARE FOR RACING high APR chipped performance tracking speed fans,if u just want a cool car and more cash in your pocket I'd go with Racelands,u can go easily over speed bumps also(with passenger)and still looks low.
it's just MY opinion,this not an open debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
link of where u got them? thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #62
miikez.
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
ps what are the best springs for looks? wanting it low before i upload the pictures, and what about new shocks? think theyre really needed?
I'm on H&R super sports. I'm actually a little bit lower now because they've settled more. this picture was taken when I first got them on. new shocks is up to you. People say you need them and others don't. I think eventually you will have to get them though.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #63
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
I'm on H&R super sports. I'm actually a little bit lower now because they've settled more. this picture was taken when I first got them on. new shocks is up to you. People say you need them and others don't. I think eventually you will have to get them though.
so super sports are the way to go? have been looking at eibach pro kit also but i dont really know :/
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #64
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
and did you get new shocks with your springs or stay with the stock?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #65
miikez.
Formula 5000 Driver

super sports are the way to go if you don't wanna spend that much. and no i didnt get new shocks or anything else.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #66
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
super sports are the way to go if you don't wanna spend that much. and no i didnt get new shocks or anything else.
okay thanks mate, going to go for these now
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #67
rip steakface
Autocross Champion

if you're ONLY concerned about looks, you can pretty much go with whatever you want to get the ride height you like. correct me if i'm wrong guys, but anything more than 1-1.25" of a drop on stock shocks might be asking for trouble in both shock longevity and ride quality. i've had no problems with pro-kit (50k + on stock shocks on my 07 rabbit) and the vw driver gear springs should be fine with the stock shocks...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #68
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

how low is pro kit compared with h&r super sport? dont wana go ridiculously low but still want a good look on the car. another thing is i dont wana regret not going low enough :/
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #69
rip steakface
Autocross Champion

super sports are definitely lower. mine was lowered about 1.25" in the front and around 1" in the back with the pro-kit...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #70
rstevenson
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip steakface View Post
super sports are definitely lower. mine was lowered about 1.25" in the front and around 1" in the back with the pro-kit...
any pics?