GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #29
andre141
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '08 Honda Fit Sport *Waiting 4 GTI*
I currently drive a 2008 GD3 Fit Sport A/T. I bought it my freshman year of college. Its an amazing car for the price IMO. At the time I bought mine, no other compact came close to the Fit with regard to features, quality, and reliability at such a low price.

Now, the Ford Focus and (upcoming) Hyundai Veloster are for sure giving the Fit a run for its money.

But its totally unfair to compare the Fit and GTI. They are two completely different cars, in different price brackets, and marketed to different people.

They are both fantastic cars for what they are supposed to be.

And just so you know, the modding community for the Fit is HUGE! Check out Fitfreak.net if you have some spare time.
andre141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #30
johnny_p
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
The only thing un cool about the Fit is the fact that it uses rear drum brakes. It's a great little car.

And I put a CAI on my last car which was a Ford Focus. It made a noticeable improvement. People mod these for the same reasons people mod GTIs. They want more fast lol.
johnny_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #31
ElectricEye
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '15 MK7 GTI Reflex Silver
I actually was thinking about a Fit oh, more than a year ago - finances turned better so I was able to go upscale.
Also, have you seen the crash test video of the Fit up against a mid size car?!!(Camry I believe)
Scary stuff!
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #32
Mellow Dubmarine
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MKV GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest6808 View Post
My bad guys, just thought it was strange to see a non performance vehicle with a performance part / setup. Made me do a double take.
you drive an economy car with a tiny flippin turbo, a mildly sporting suspension, and an upgraded interior. if I drove a Porsche Boxster Spyder I would think it strange to see you do anything to your car. seriously get off the horse from that altitude, the lack of oxygen can be sickening.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #33
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Dubmarine View Post
you drive an economy car with a tiny flippin turbo, a mildly sporting suspension, and an upgraded interior. if I drove a Porsche Boxster Spyder I would think it strange to see you do anything to your car. seriously get off the horse from that altitude, the lack of oxygen can be sickening.
Says the guy with a Kia.........
Old 03-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #34
Tetsuei
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I actually was thinking about a Fit oh, more than a year ago - finances turned better so I was able to go upscale.
Also, have you seen the crash test video of the Fit up against a mid size car?!!(Camry I believe)
Scary stuff!
I don't need crash test video. I did the test in my own lab.

The Impala I hit?

VTEC JUST CHECKED OUT YO
Tetsuei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #35
bubuski
El Moderador

Drives: MK6 GTI 5-door TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuei View Post
I don't need crash test video. I did the test in my own lab.

VTEC JUST CHECKED OUT YO
X2

This was the last Fit that I drove. 03 Caravan took it out easily. I walked away without a scratch.

[IMG][/IMG]
bubuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #36
Tetsuei
Formula 5000 Driver

Loved my Fit too.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #37
bubuski
El Moderador

Drives: MK6 GTI 5-door TR
Quote:
Loved my Fit too.
Wasn't mine, but the owner took it well. Was a fun preppy little car.
bubuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #38
BrianfCheng
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI - 6sp
I actually was considering buying a Fit while car shopping. Def happy i chose the right car.
I don't think the Fit takes styling from the Golf at all. It looks completely different to me.

Also the Fit is not a hybrid. I know this because my buddy just bought a CR-Z, and i tease him that the Fit was cheaper and it gets better gas mileage
AND more practical; twice the amount of seats!

I also saw a Mugen Fit around my neighborhood and it actually looked pretty sick. Body kit looked nice. I wonder what kind of engine work it has tho. I'm about o look it up right now!

2015 MK7 GTI Pure White
BrianfCheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #39
gunmetal5
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: GTI 2010
I like the fit. Toss some new kicks on it And it's pretty sick.
gunmetal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #40
Tetsuei
Formula 5000 Driver

It looks like shit when you get into an accident, but I walked away with absolutely zero injuries, the air bag didn't even deploy. Thank you, Fit.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #41
jokerific
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Quote:
It looks like shit when you get into an accident, but I walked away with absolutely zero injuries, the air bag didn't even deploy. Thank you, Fit.
Yeah, that's the crumple zones absorbing energy rather than staying intact and transferring the impact to your body

Side note, people have confused my GTI for a Fit several times now.. I don't see the resemblance, to be honest. Most of them were Honda owners though..
jokerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #42
Cackalacka
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI manual
Yeah, I'm going to come clean and say, flat out, that if Honda had spent another $15 in interior soft plastics or fabrics, and not the garbage they equip them with, I would be driving a Fit instead of a GTI. When shopping around, we sat in a new '10 at the time, and were less than impressed with the fit and finish (ironically named car.) Then we sat in an '09 and saw how poorly the dash and doors held up in the dirty south. The handling and the gear throws are superb for an econobox.

My previous two cars were Hondas, and the Fit and the Element are the only products that Honda makes anymore that are anywhere near their ethos. Someone at their design shop should be beaten with a rubber hose for the Honda Aztek Crosstour or the CR-Z (and the Civic's hatchlessness and suspension evolution.) Among other reasons.
Cackalacka is offline   Reply With Quote